Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/1/2002 3:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 3:24:55 PM EDT by sulaco]
Is the A2 birdcage classified as a grenade launcher in CA? If so can you put a grenade launcher on a post-ban weapon in CA? I’m thinking that there is a problem with that, however I did not find any part of our DWC laws that said that a flash suppressor or muzzle device is considered a Destructive Device. Do 37mm flair launchers count as Destructive Devices in CA? - Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:28:40 PM EDT
The A2 style is both a flash suppressor and a grenade launcher in the eyes of the ATF. It is not by itself considered a destructive device, however.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 9:05:21 PM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:57:08 PM EDT
Cool, thanks for clearing that up guys, I knew it was a grenade launcher but wanted to find out if it was legal to have on my FAB10 in the PRK. I should have the gun together by next week or so, so at least I don’t need to buy a new flash hider. Well if I can’t have magazines then I guess I’ll have to settle with having the telescoping stock, bayonet lug, flash suppressor and grenade launcher [;)] At least for 10 rounds at a time it will feel like a real preban [:D] I’ll have pictures n stuff after I get it together and take it to the range. - Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:22:45 AM EDT
You can modify the A2 bird cage by drilling out the inside and brazing a sleeve plus brazing an outer ring to extend the outside diameter slightly. You will need a lathe and the ability to repark for this. I've seen it done.
Top Top