Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 7:16:43 AM EDT
where do we stand?

curious to know if anyone has actaully sumitted a form to the BATF, and what, if any thier response was.. I doubt they will let it go thru .. thats why im curious to what the response if any, was .

a summery of what I know about the ruling:

applies only to homemade MG..
applies only to the 9th court service area.
thats it.. thats all I know.. has anything been resolved, any dept been sued .
I NEED an update..
my babies need homemade auto sears!!!!!!!
< legally of-course >

I and my AR15 that wants to play "full-auto" .. thank you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
it would not fly with the atf
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks..

thats what I would expect...

now wasnt there a group somewhere that was going to sumit a form 1 just to GET the denial ... then sue?

any word on that?

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought that in order to be covered under the ruling, the MG had to be constructed totally from within the state.  That way it can't fall under interstate commerce laws.

Since I live in Illinois and my Bushmaster is mfg'd in Maine, I am still screwed at least 3 ways...
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
but since < in my mind > a DIAS [red]CAN[/REd] be constructed completly in state and since THAT IS the MG you would be good to go..  < since the DIAS is the entire MG in the eyes of the ATF.. and that can be done all in state>

or at least im hoping thats what this ends up meaning...

I know a complete rifle would not be posiple.. but I believe the door is open for sears...

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
the laws that prohibit the NEW manufacture of an Mg are federal laws and supercede the state level laws
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top