Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 8:23:55 PM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025661/Heroic-9-11-respondents-snubbed-denied-invitation-tenth-anniversary-New-York-terror-attacks.html

Police, firemen and rescue workers
who risked their lives to save the victims of 9/11 will not be invited
to take part in the 10th anniversary ceremony.

Despite
giving up hours, days and weeks of their time to search for survivors
and clear rubble, unpaid, rescuers are to be snubbed at next month's
remembrance events.

First
responders will instead be asked back to the site at another day for a
separate commemorative ceremony, according to officials.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF!!!!! makes me so
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
They should ask the family of Deborah Reeve how they feel about this.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't have people who actually risked their lives in close proximity to the Chosen One.
Nero must maintain his cleanliness via his distance from the unwashed masses you know.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It is extremely hard to watch any coverage of the 9/11 attack without getting very emotional about it.  It also saddens me that America just wants to give up and bring our troops home.  I wish our Congress would step to the side and let our servicemen do the job that is needed to eradicate the taliban once and for all.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Change you can believe in!

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

WTF!!!!! makes me so

It also appears that they will be selectively screening 9/11 families to make sure the ones who are anti-Obama/pro Bush do not appear.   And, Bush is likely to not to be allowed to attend.  Obama is going to turn this into a campaign appearance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top