Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 6:26:45 AM EDT
I have watched on The Comedy Channel two comedians try a stand up routine on the WTC attack, it just did not seem funny to me to remember the incident in a "humorous" light. I noticed both comedians were female and black, after I thought about it for awhile I asked myself how funny they would think it was for a white comedian to do a routine on cross burning and lynching of blacks in the 1930's. Now is it just me that finds the subject distastefully, am I off on this, or does anyone else think it is "not a subject matter" for a stand up comedy routine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
i concurr, they should be strung up..
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, haven't seen it, but I guess it's [i]one[/i] way of dealing with it.

You are aware though, that there are funny movies and comedy series about WW1, WW2, the Korean War, Vietnam, the Cold War.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Why don't you guys quit oppressing them![/b]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top