Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2004 12:10:14 AM EST
My cousin needs a first car so it seems to fall on me to look for him something decent,
He didnt want the green pinto that shoots fire out the carb though.
I found him a 94 Buick Park Ave Ultra for sale at a decent price, below blue book value for private party.
I figure its decent enough and not too big or anything for a first car.

My first car was a 92 crown vic so I stick with bigger cars, plus they seem to be better when you get hit.

I was wondering if anyone had any expierance with these?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:25:48 AM EST
I have the exact same car. Leather EVERYWHERE with heated 6-way adjustable heated seats are factory standard. it's the most plush vehicle i have ever owned. The suspension is a little on the soft side (it IS a buick).

Something you need to bear in mind though is that the Ultra is a supercharged 3.8v6 and despite its mamoth size it has a LOT more pick-up-and-go than one would expect. If i turn off the traction control i can smoke the tires on the street (which is really lame in a front wheel drive car so I dont do it often) and I smoke my friend's ricey Honda with it all day long. So make sure the kid is at least fairly responsible.

Its a REALLY nice car though and it holds together well too. I have about 120,000 miles on mine and i have had no repairs beyond basic maintinence and its running fine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:31:42 AM EST
Ok thanks for the info Redmenace.

It has more power stuff then my 95 Impala in it and I drove it some, has some nice power for the car I noticed so its atleast have decent when you got to stomp it.

It passed my test that I would drive it and if I had the cash and would spend it in a FNC sear or something Id get it for my around town car.

I wanted to make sure there isnt any big problems with those.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:25:36 AM EST
Great vehicle. I have almost the same car--94 Lesabre. It's been the most trouble free car I have ever had and that's with my wife driving it and she's murder on cars. I hope to own a used Park Ave Ultra one day.

GunLvr
Top Top