Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 3:06:28 PM EDT
Well I bought this truck over a year ago and I knew the trani wouldnt last long. Its a 92 F150 4x4 with a 302. I made my offer to the dealer and told him I knew it had trani issues. He accepted the offer and I got a decent deal on it considering it has a rebuilt jasper motor.

Anyhow I helped a fellow arfcommer move today and when we got to his new place an hour and half away I noticed going from drive to reverse and visa versa it didnt want to engage right away. So I go home and get off at my exit to turn right and it wont budge! It just revved but I was able to barely turn into the vacant gas station right off of the exit.

I got it parked and noticed lots of trani fluid leaking out of the bellhousing. I put what fluid I had left in it and drive it down the road to where I work to park it till I came up with a game plan. I guess Im going to try to drive it to a friends not far away after I put more fluid in it. Then I'll pull it and have it rebuilt.

I know these transmissions were notorius for problems when they first came out. There are fixes for those problems now but I dont think its ever been serviced.

Oh well. Its a good truck though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnnyMcEldoo:
Well I bought this truck over a year ago and I knew the trani wouldnt last long. Its a 92 F150 4x4 with a 302. I made my offer to the dealer and told him I knew it had trani issues. He accepted the offer and I got a decent deal on it considering it has a rebuilt jasper motor.

Anyhow I helped a fellow arfcommer move today and when we got to his new place an hour and half away I noticed going from drive to reverse and visa versa it didnt want to engage right away. So I go home and get off at my exit to turn right and it wont budge! It just revved but I was able to barely turn into the vacant gas station right off of the exit.

I got it parked and noticed lots of trani fluid leaking out of the bellhousing. I put what fluid I had left in it and drive it down the road to where I work to park it till I came up with a game plan. I guess Im going to try to drive it to a friends not far away after I put more fluid in it. Then I'll pull it and have it rebuilt.

I know these transmissions were notorius for problems when they first came out. There are fixes for those problems now but I dont think its ever been serviced.

Is it an E4OD? I say get it to a tranny shop and get it rebuilt. Or find a new tranny. You are going to pay out the ass if you want a new/reman tranny, they aint cheap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:46:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

Is it an E4OD? I say get it to a tranny shop and get it rebuilt. Or find a new tranny. You are going to pay out the ass if you want a new/reman tranny, they aint cheap.

I cant remember what kind of trani it is. All I remember reading about them is they had some issues when they first came out. No way Im paying someone to pull it and install after its rebuilt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:47:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

I cant remember what kind of trani it is. All I remember reading about them is they had some issues when they first came out. No way Im paying someone to pull it and install after its rebuilt.

Get a reman tranny or pay someone to rebuild it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:07:33 PM EDT
Ok, its an E4OD
Top Top