Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 5:41:00 PM EDT
Something popped when I put my rear window down tonight, and now the window is rolling up crooked. I took the back panel off and greased everything I could reach, but it didn't help. I assume something's gotten off track, but didn't have enough daylight to troubleshoot it. This is an 89 Toyota 4Runner.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Michael
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Something popped when I put my rear window down tonight, and now the window is rolling up crooked. I took the back panel off and greased everything I could reach, but it didn't help. I assume something's gotten off track, but didn't have enough daylight to troubleshoot it. This is an 89 Toyota 4Runner.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Michael

These guys are very good:

Pirate4x4 Toyota Forum

If you have a thick hide, post up and ask.

If not, search, then post up so you can tell the asshats that you already did a search.

Either way, you'll find out what you need to know.

BTW:  Had the same issue last week with my '85 Toy 4Runner, but with the drivers window.  Had to take the door panel off, readjust to get it back on the front runner, grease the heck out of it, button it up and called it good.  Works real good now.  I'd imagine, you'll have to do the same thing with yours.  Hard to do at night unless you have good light.

Good luck.

Merlin
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
TTT for the nite crew
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]

ehhh- just lose it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
At least your's kinda rolls up.  I've got the infamous broken regulator issue on my 89, where window only goes up 3/4 of the way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Try 4x4wire.com for regulators, they are not quite as hard core as the Pirates about stuff like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top