Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:48:44 PM EDT
Well, 87 got me an A on a test.  Allow me to explain.  Last week, I had a Geography 101 quiz.  Easy, but I came to a question that I didn't know (didn't study).  So, I wrote 87 as an answer.  I got it right.  You see, the teacher somehow interpreted 87 as "location" which was the correct answer.  If I would have got that one wrong, I would have got a B.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Brilliant !!!  

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Geography, eh?  Where's the part about why Bush is Hitler and why we deserve to be attacked for growing tobacco?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeez man you're handwriting is almost as bad as mine, except mine is smaller. Over here we have curves too, which is why My <70 score in MIS111 ended up as a B
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Geography, eh?  Where's the part about why Bush is Hitler and why we deserve to be attacked for growing tobacco?

that's exam 2
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's next week.    Week after next

Spring break is next week!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jeez man you're handwriting is almost as bad as mine, except mine is smaller. Over here we have curves too, which is why My <70 score in MIS111 ended up as a B

My  normal handwriting is actually worse than that.  I was writing nicer for a test.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
That's high school, right?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They must teach that in mathematics in his school.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:47:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please don't tell me it's college.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#12]

That reminds me of a History of Western Civ class I took where one of the questions was to describe the Tudor Dynasty.  I had no idea so I wrote about Tudor style housing complete with drawings.

The professor wrote on the exam, "Nice Bullshit!" and gave me half credit.  Perhaps this wasn't suprising from a professor whose name was Jack Nicholson (not the famous guy, but same name).

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats too funny
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Physical Geography 101"

Looks like "college" to me.  

And he got an "A".   But doesn't everyone in Kali get an "A" on tests, so as not to damage their self esteem?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuck, did a chicken run across your paper?

Oh, thats your handwriting...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Physical Geography 101"

And he got an "A".   But doesn't everyone in Kali get an "A" on tests, so as not to damage their self esteem?

Yeah, the "professor" label was a tip, but I was hoping it wasn't true.

I took physical geography in college, and it was nothing like that. We studied meteorology, climatology, plate tectonics, biogeography, geomorphology, pedology, and hydrology. It was a real science course.

And that was in liberal CA too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#17]
"Most broadest?"

Did the professor write that quiz?

You don't use a superlative like "most" with a word with an -est ending.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"Most broadest?"

and what's up with all the " marks around words as if you couldn't figure it out without the "clues".  That looks like a "science" course for "non-science" majors.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#19]
i like the sad face for an answer
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Physical Geography 101"

I took physical geography in college, and it was nothing like that. We studied meteorology, climatology, plate tectonics, biogeography, geomorphology, pedology, and hydrology. It was a real science course.

I study all that too.  In geology.

This is an easy geography course (probably for non-science majors).  It's really easy and boring.

I did this stuff in MIDDLE SCHOOL.  Same stuff, no joke.

HOWEVER, this test is on the intro chapters.  We have since done meteorology and are switching to the second instructor and plate tectonics after the midterm (week after next).  None of it will be covered as well as it is in geology of course.

To be honest, I just registered for semi-random classes this semester.  I needed 12 units so that my health insurance wouldn't go away.

Geology is quite interesting though, and I have a great instructor.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I always got my balls busted about a curve. I had a lot of teachers who said: "When I was in college, I was the one that set the curve, so why should my grade help people who didn't study as much." I raised my hand and said: "Because they were also trying to have some fun while in college?" He didn't like it. Curves as always nice though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Physical Geography 101"

This is an easy geography course (probably for non-science majors).  It's really easy and boring.

To be honest, I just registered for semi-random classes this semester.  I needed 12 units so that my health insurance wouldn't go away.

Geology is quite interesting, and I have a great instructor.  

Who might be a member of arfcom if his/her grammar and recognition of "87" as the answer to end all answers are any indication.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Physical Geography 101"

Who might be a member of arfcom if his/her grammar and recognition of "87" as the answer to end all answers are any indication.

That would be geography, he is the one that "recognized" the 87.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"Most broadest?"

Yeah, the instructor wrote it.  He's from England.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Physical Geography 101"

That would be geography, he is the one that "recognized" the 87.

oops, oh well then it is the geography prof who might be an arfcom member.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top