Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/29/2002 11:46:43 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/814576.asp[/url] I Yelled at Them to Stop’ U.S. Special Forces are frustrated. Kicking down doors and frisking women, they say, is no way to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan. A report from the front By Colin Soloway NEWSWEEK
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 11:58:35 AM EDT
It's only natural that when our soldies are used as international police, soldiers will [b][i]act[/b][/i] like police.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:35:40 PM EDT
And some wonder why they hate us so....sounds like we could use a few more "friendly fire" incidents......
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:38:22 PM EDT
THE MAN OF THE HOUSE, an elderly farmer, let the Americans in as soon as his female relatives had gone to a back room, out of the gaze of strange men.
View Quote
Anyone else find this odd? How good of a search can you conduct if you have to take their word when they say:" NO.. no armed men in that room .. just women... but you cant look becuase then Id have to kill my daughters.." hell if I was hiding someone, I'd be a nice as I could possibly be also.. did the 82nd go to far? hey its an ugly thing that must be done. then again wonder how many of those boys will apply at your local PD when thier time is up and bring that attitude with them..
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:48:48 PM EDT
Anti US troop propaganda... This is a bunch of crap..... Hearts and minds...you want hearts and minds..grab em by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow... "No wonder they hate us?" Who gives a shit...they hate us because they are insane criminal animals who kill our people in terrorist strikes against the WTC and Pentagon and our civilian aircraft ... Their same group make human bombs outta their children to kill other children because they are Jewish or Christian... Dont give this crap another thought. .....
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:22:34 PM EDT
I'm just wondering if the old man and his daughters would even be alive, and their house still standing, if it had been the BATF instead of the 82nd Airborne. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:36:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl: I'm just wondering if the old man and his daughters would even be alive, and their house still standing, if it had been the BATF instead of the 82nd Airborne. [rolleyes]
View Quote
Marvl, The [i]real[/i] reason the BATF is not currently deployed in that part of the world today is that mud and rock buildings dont burn very well.. even ATF meet its match in that enviornment. The US Gov decieded it would be a waste to deploy them if they couldnt do what they were trained to do.. So they are back in the states... doing their part to keep you and me safe... by measuring overall barrel length.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2002 1:39:32 PM EDT by RikWriter]
Originally Posted By liberty86: And some wonder why they hate us so....sounds like we could use a few more "friendly fire" incidents......
View Quote
And you sound like you could use a good beating. Assuming the report is true, you had some yahoos not trained for dealing with the locals who screwed up. No one was killed, no one was hurt, just some feelings were hurt. But YOU are now wishing DEATH on AMERICAN SOLDIERS for this. You're a despicable individual and I have absolutely no respect for you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:58:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
Originally Posted By liberty86: And some wonder why they hate us so....sounds like we could use a few more "friendly fire" incidents......
View Quote
And you sound like you could use a good beating. Assuming the report is true, you had some yahoos not trained for dealing with the locals who screwed up. No one was killed, no one was hurt, just some feelings were hurt. But YOU are now wishing DEATH on AMERICAN SOLDIERS for this. You're a despicable individual and I have absolutely no respect for you.
View Quote
RikWriter: If you would Flush, Old Liberty86 would go down the drain like a POS is supposed to. Bill
Top Top