Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 6:53:01 AM EDT
That's the projected temperature here in Phoenix today.  We hit 80 yesterday for a new record!  It's not yet 0900 and I have all my windows open.  Looks like a great night for a BBQ, eh?

God, I love this state!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Kunsan Weather    

at: 12:00 am KST F° | C°  

Currently:
25°

Feels Like: 17°   Dewpoint: 9°
Barometer: 30.20 in and rising    Wind: NNW 8 mph
Humidity: 42%    Sunrise: 7:44 am
Visibility: Unlimited    Sunset: 5:34 pm

83 more days until I PCS to Tyndall AFB, FL.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
82° -- Ick.  Bleccch.  That's at least 10° too hot.  And I lived all except 4 of my 40 years in South Texas and Houston.  Maybe that's why I hate heat so much.

We had snow here last weekend, so I went out on the deck and barbecued for the family to celebrate.    Unfortunately, it was just 2 or 3 inches, but some snow is better than none!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Right Now for
Miami, FL (33155)
Save this Location On The Spot Weather

Mostly Cloudy 62°F
Feels Like
62°F
Updated Jan 6 10:45 a.m. ET
UV Index:  2 Low
Wind:  From NW at 18 mph
gusting to 25 mph
Humidity:  36%
Pressure:  29.94 in.  
Dew Point:  35°F
Visibility:  10.0 miles

Its a cold spell today!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Current Conditions
22°Overcast
Wind: SSW 12 mph
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 20
Visibility: 4.0 mile
Barometer: 30.08
Windchill 10

One other thing  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It's 27° in Milwaukee right now and I haven't seen the sun for three days YOU FUCK!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's a couple of pictures I took here Dec 23.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
82° -- Ick.  Bleccch.  That's at least 10° too hot.  And I lived all except 4 of my 40 years in South Texas and Houston.  Maybe that's why I hate heat so much.

We had snow here last weekend, so I went out on the deck and barbecued for the family to celebrate.    Unfortunately, it was just 2 or 3 inches, but some snow is better than none!

When John got here from CT it was like 2100.  He's making fun of me cause I am wearing a jacket when it was 70.

The next day he comes outside to chat with me while I'm having a smoke, and he says, "Holy S H I T!  That fucking sun is too close!  How the hell can the sun be so bright? "  Yesterday he says, "I gotta get a hood for my head."

I can't wait for his first 115 degree day!  Hee hee.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
2A373

Where do you live?  I don't recognize KOR.  

Oh, and what is that funny looking white stuff on the ground?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm stationed at Kunsan Air Base, South Korea.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dude, when you ETS Arizona is a place to warm those chilled bones!  Thank you for your service to this fine country, bro!

Richard
US Army, 89-93
Infantry
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#13]
keep the heat, I like it cold
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, when you ETS Arizona is a place to warm those chilled bones!  Thank you for your service to this fine country, bro!

Richard
US Army, 89-93
Infantry

83 days until I PCS to sunny Florida.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Richard
US Army, 89-93
Infantry

But Arizona does not have much to look at. You have to watch the cars go by for a variery of color.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/2A373/100_2023Large.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/2A373/100_2019Large.jpg

Did you have an explosion of packing peanuts?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Richard
US Army, 89-93
Infantry

But Arizona does not have much to look at. You have to watch the cars go by for a variery of color.

HEY!  

We have green, and brown, and...  and...  um...

Um...

Did I mention it's 82 today?  

This evening calls for some cold beers and thick steaks on the ol BBQ!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#18]
You can have Phoenix.  I spent 2 weeks TDY at Luke one summer and the daytime temps were around 115 and the temp was still 100+ at midnight, FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!  And god know how hot it was out on the flightline on top of the dark gray F-15s I was working on.  

And I had also had enough of the desert scenery while I was stationed at Edwards AFB, CA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Fine, be that way.

Friggin air jockeys.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Dang Richard, I wish I was in AZ right now.  Is there any work down there for a good journeyman inside wireman?  I was TDY in Nogales AZ for the spring/summer/early fall of 1991 while attached to Joint Taskforce 6 and except for the fact that we lived in tents on the border all summer, I enjoyed the climate.  I am seriously looking for a change of location sometime in the next 3-4 years and am heavily leaning toward Texas or AZ.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Can I come visit?  I haven't seen sunshine in such a long time I'm forgetting what it looks like.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Dang Richard, I wish I was in AZ right now.  Is there any work down there for a good journeyman inside wireman?  I was TDY in Nogales AZ for the spring/summer/early fall of 1991 while attached to Joint Taskforce 6 and except for the fact that we lived in tents on the border all summer, I enjoyed the climate.  I am seriously looking for a change of location sometime in the next 3-4 years and am heavily leaning toward Texas or AZ.

Oh hell yes Dale!  Before my accident, I was an industrial sparky (since 93) and it takes a day to find a good job (I was a foreman).  Residential and commercial has even more openings.  My buddy Robert is top dog for one of the largest residential/commercial electrical contractors here in the Valley, and he ALWAYS needs good help.  Bi-lingual is a huge asset, but not necessary.  

My uncle is top dog at Dysart School District, and I have little doubt he'd be willing to put you on if you have indutrial experience; and HVAC knowledge coupled with electrical is all but a guarantee.  

Of course, residential guys are a dime a dozen, and we have a high turnover rate.  But the money is not bad considering any monkey can wire a house.  For indoor, industrial is where the money is at.  Our foremen make about 27/hr, which is where I was.  That's inculding bennies, of course.  Residential leads earn about 17/hr, and commercial can run the gamut depending on your qualifications.  C Cert and Motor Cert pays more, but we don't have actual JW cards unless you go IBEW local 640, but you'll hear both horror stories and success stories about being on the bench.  Myself, I've never worked union.  Last time I checked, though, I think JWs were starting at $20.50 or something like that.  

Pay no attention to the AZ nay-sayers.  We always have room for a pro-gun voter!  Visit AZcentral.com for an idea of employment conditions, but the real jobs are in the Sunday Republic.  If you want to shoot me an addy, I'll buy you a paper and ship it to you.

Hell, in 3 or 4 years, if all goes well, I might be in need of a full time sparky to wire houses.  But I don't pay hourly except for unskilled labor.  I like piece work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Can I come visit?  I haven't seen sunshine in such a long time I'm forgetting what it looks like.

My home is always open to you and yours, ma'am.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#24]
is around 78 at the beach talk about nice weather!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell yes Dale!  Before my accident, I was an industrial sparky (since 93) and it takes a day to find a good job (I was a foreman).  Residential and commercial has even more openings.  My buddy Robert is top dog for one of the largest residential/commercial electrical contractors here in the Valley, and he ALWAYS needs good help.  Bi-lingual is a huge asset, but not necessary.  

My uncle is top dog at Dysart School District, and I have little doubt he'd be willing to put you on if you have indutrial experience; and HVAC knowledge coupled with electrical is all but a guarantee.  

Of course, residential guys are a dime a dozen, and we have a high turnover rate.  But the money is not bad considering any monkey can wire a house.  For indoor, industrial is where the money is at.  Our foremen make about 27/hr, which is where I was.  That's inculding bennies, of course.  Residential leads earn about 17/hr, and commercial can run the gamut depending on your qualifications.  C Cert and Motor Cert pays more, but we don't have actual JW cards unless you go IBEW local 640, but you'll hear both horror stories and success stories about being on the bench.  Myself, I've never worked union.  Last time I checked, though, I think JWs were starting at $20.50 or something like that.  

Pay no attention to the AZ nay-sayers.  We always have room for a pro-gun voter!  Visit AZcentral.com for an idea of employment conditions, but the real jobs are in the Sunday Republic.  If you want to shoot me an addy, I'll buy you a paper and ship it to you.

Hell, in 3 or 4 years, if all goes well, I might be in need of a full time sparky to wire houses.  But I don't pay hourly except for unskilled labor.  I like piece work.

Wow.  There is some food for thought.  I checked the classifieds at AZcentral.com and there was a ton of jobs there.  Where in AZ are you, Phoenix?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#26]
76 to 81 at the coast here today, 80 to 85 inland.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  There is some food for thought.  I checked the classifieds at AZcentral.com and there was a ton of jobs there.  Where in AZ are you, Phoenix?

Yes, I am in Phoenix proper.  There are much nicer areas than Phoenix, though, all within a 20 minute drive.  Anthem, Mesa, Tempe, Awhatukee...  All better than Phoenix.  You just have to travel a little if you want the heavy industrial jobs and are not dairy certified.  Most of those are here, downtown.  

If you want, come stay a weekend with Camy and me.  You can say here in my house to avoid hotel charges, and we'll make a weekend out of driving around looking at the different areas and checking out prices for houses and whatnot.  Definately some opportunities here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/2A373/100_2023Large.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/2A373/100_2019Large.jpg

My dad never had anything good to say about Korea, but your pictures make it look like heaven.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top