Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 5:04:13 PM EDT

Dear Fans,

It was confirmed to OneStor earlier today from Joan Di Tursi Laura's previous manager that Laura had passed away in her sleep last night Thursday August 26th of a Brain aneurysm.

Our Hearts go out to Laura's family and friends who have asked that rather then sending flowers you donate on behalf of Laura to Project Angel Food.

Project Angel Food's mission is to provide wholesome meals and nutritional counseling to men, women and children disabled by HIV/AIDS.

http://www.angelfood.org/html/earnyourwings/donate.html

Laura's music has been passed on through the years and will live on not only in our hearts but for generations to come. Laura loved performing onstage, It is where she felt happiness singing to her fans, and we as fans felt such joy in watching this talented singer share with us her thoughts, for when she sang, Laura brought so many things to the stage besides her magnificent voice, She brought Humor, Joy, Honesty, Heart felt Compassion, and most of all Love. In the audience there were times when you would feel as if it was a concert for one. And you were that lucky audience member that got to enjoy Laura all to yourself.

Her deep love and warmth made you feel as if you were the most important person in the world. Her vocal talents were known by many, even some who did not even know her by name. When a song like Gloria or Self Control came on, many would sing with smiles and perhaps remember a shared moment that they may have had to that specific song.

Laura it was your voice that caressed so many of us, and you will truly be missed not only as a singer but also as a person who has brought such happiness with your songs of feeling.

Please Join OneStor and Fans of Laura on www.LauraBranigan.com in lighting a candle in remembrance of such a talented artist. Ceremonies will take place on Saturday August 28th, Sunday August 29th and Monday August 30th. Times will be at 9:00 pm EST.

www.laurabranigan.com/Lauras_Passing.htm
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. Liked her.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
That is really unfortunate, brain aneurysm. She was really young. I liked her music too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
She dead???
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
She dead???

It would appear that is what the story infers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I heard about it a couple of days ago , Since my shop is located in her hometown
here in NY .  And while her passing is sad , what bothers me more is she was my age
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]
RIP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top