Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
For years, my wife has been talking about some band she heard a few times..."in the 80s". She said that she thinks they were Australian (but maybe not) and that the name of the band was a year, like "1492" or something..."or maybe the year was the name of the albumn".  I'm guessing it was pretty New Wave because that's the kind of music she used to like.  

If anyone gets this my hair will fall out.

Then I'll tell my wife I know, "but what's it worth to you?" And she won't have to wonder anymore..

Let's see how good the ARFCOM hive mind really is.

Okay...ready, go.

Oh, and I'm sure this band really liked guns, truth, and all things American . And if no one knows the answer, I at least expect a few insults and smart-ass responses just for entertainment value.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Australian bands

This might narrow it down a little.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
ugh, does she have any idea at all about any of their songs?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
could it be Level 42?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ugh, does she have any idea at all about any of their songs?

Are you kiddin'? Where's the challenge it that? If only....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Long shot. . .

Now that's a good guess. She really likes Vangelis. Unfortunately she told me she first heard it when traveling in Asia and that was in '89 or '90. That movie came out in '92.

Darn, that was close. I just had to check when the movie came out to be sure you weren't right.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Answer found!!! By posting on the meterosexual 80s forum, of course .

The band is "1927" and the albumn was "Ish" that went to number one in Australia in 1989.

So, no one gets the doll hairs. Mine all mine. Aaa ha ha ha ha.....

*Adding another scratch to my useless threads count. What stupid questions can I inflict upon ARFCOM next ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top