Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:04:13 AM EDT
7-year-old poisonous ‘poet’ is in demand

By Michelle Malkin:

One of the nation's fastest-rising poetry prodigies is a 7-year-old New York girl whose poisonous demagogic advocacy of black separatism makes Al Sharpton look like Mr. Rogers.

Autum Ashante' of Mount Vernon, N.Y., has performed at HBO's Def Poetry Jam, The Cotton Club in L.A., The Apollo Theater in Harlem, the African Street Festival, Caroline's on Broadway, the Russell Simmons Phat Farm Fashion Show, Steve Harvey's "Big Time," a prestigious Grammy Foundation event, and at universities and other venues across the country. She recites her verses not only in English, but also in fluent Swahiili and Arabic (she attended the Islamic Darul Arkam School in Mount Vernon).

Autum has appeared at a tribute to black nationalist Marcus Garvey, America-bashing 9/11 conspiracy-monger Amiri Baraka's annual family cookout, and the extremist New Black Panther Party's Million Youth March. The city of New York honored her with a proclamation for inspiring "her peers, as well as adults, while also demonstrating the power of a father's love, the importance of education and the limitless boundaries of the human mind." New York City councilwoman Yvette Clark called her "one of the most precious young talents that this world has ever known."

Most recently, as New York Post education reporter David Andreatta reported this weekend, she was invited to perform at public middle and high schools in Peekskill, N.Y., for Black History Month.

Here, in full, is what precious little Autum — groomed by her single father, Ashante, a Nation of Islam poet/activist — spewed:

White Nationalism Put U In Bondage
White nationalism is what put you in bondage

Pirate and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin

Drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with

Steel, tricks and deceit.

Nothing has changed take a look in our streets

The mis-education of she and Hegro — leaves you on your knee2grow

Black lands taken from your hands, by vampires with no remorse

They took the gold, the wisdom and all of the storytellers

They took the black women, with the black man weak

Made to watch as they changed the paradigm

Of our village

They killed the blind, they killed the lazy, they went

So far as to kill the unborn baby

Yeah White nationalism is what put you in bondage

Pirates and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin

They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with

Steel laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.

Nothing has changed take a look at our streets.

Autum's performance also included commanding white students to remain seated as she led black students in a recitation of the "Black Child's Pledge," which reads in part:

I pledge allegiance to my Black People.
I pledge to develop my mind and body to the greatest extent possible.

I will learn all that I can in order to give my best to my People in their struggle for liberation.

…I will discipline myself to direct my energies thoughtfully and constructively rather than wasting them in idle hatred…

I will train myself never to hurt or allow others to harm my Black brothers and sisters…

These principles I pledge to practice daily and to teach them to others in order to unite my People.

Complaints from shocked students and parents led to a tape-recorded apology sent to all parents apologizing for the performance. Autum's father condemned white district officials as "racist crackers." Autum defended her poem by explaining to the Westchester Journal News that white people are "devils and they should be gone. We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

And make note of this: The official who invited Autum to speak, Melvin Bolden, is a public school music teacher, Peekskill councilman, and producer of her first spoken word album.

Who is surprised? If you set aside a separate holiday for Black History Month in the public schools, if you set aside separate graduation ceremonies, college dorms, academic departments, recruiting programs, and government contracts and subcontracts by race, you send a message that hardcore racial separatism is not only acceptable — but desired.

Autum Ashante' is the natural offspring of militant multiculturalism and government-sanctioned identity politics. We reap what we sow.

Wow isn't minority practiced racism multi-culturalism great?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought this was gonna be something like those white supremacist girls from California.

I thought you said she was racist.  She can't be!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Its the same as Lamb and Lynx.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#3]
A seven year old did not write that claptrap...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't rhyme...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Yet another outstanding young lady
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't be racist; she's not white.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Of course not, but it sure didn't stop the liberals from having wet dreams over this little racist.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No she did not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
IBSHTATDTLR

InBeforeSomeoneHasTheAudacityToDefendThisLittleRacist!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey if she wants to move back to africa I sure wont stand in her way!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
We are so lucky to be blessed with so many different cultures
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Kill all the white people
Then we'll be free
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course not, but it sure didn't stop the liberals from having wet dreams over this little racist.

I know, I know.

It also drives me nuts that there are elements in our society that really believe they are still being oppressed in some way. Sorry dude, you have every bit as much opportunity that I do, and in some cases, more...

Let this in no way come across as a racist statement. I firmly believe that all men are created equal. It just bugs me that while I feel that way, there are others that still see inequality everywhere they look... Sad that while some people have progressed and moved on, others want to drag us back to the 1950s and 1860s every chance they get.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes we mistreated black people......it happened.....its over......move the fuck on.
Little bitch should be workin on math skills or something important.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, I know.

It also drives me nuts that there are elements in our society that really believe they are still being oppressed in some way. Sorry dude, you have every bit as much opportunity that I do, and in some cases, more...

Let this in no way come across as a racist statement. I firmly believe that all men are created equal. It just bugs me that while I feel that way, there are others that still see inequality everywhere they look... Sad that while some people have progressed and moved on, others want to drag us back to the 1950s and 1860s every chance they get. hr

Funny how the latter call themselves "progressive," huh?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
That's really disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#17]
But black people can't be racist....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes we mistreated black people......it happened.....its over......move the fuck on.

Yes, and white folks mistreated white folks and black folks mistreated black folks.

It's called 'History' and it doesn't flatter either race very much.

Or any race, for that matter.

Especially the human one.

Eric The(History'sABitch,ButSheMakesAGreatSammich)Hun
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#19]
" We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

I don't understand what is stopping them!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

Quit talking the talk and walk the walk.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#21]

What does she against Darwin?  geeeeesh.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I thought this was gonna be something like those white supremacist girls from California.

I thought you said she was racist.  She can't be!

Yeah....and there were several "dark" documentaries about these girls, with that scary undertone that comes along with them.

There's not a day that goes by anymore that something in this country doesn't make me go
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#23]

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs - partly because they want sympathy, partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

I'm afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."
~ Booker T. Washington,
written in 1911.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#25]
its ok, because she is black. so its acceptable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
But black people can't be racist....

Autum's father condemned white district officials as "racist crackers."

PS:  Origional sarcasm recieved loud and clear.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn that is sad.  That kid is screwed for life.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Who cares? People that do these kind of things for attention want YOU to be enraged. They want YOU to bitch and complain about what they do. That is the only way they can get more media time with people that they wouldn't normally. Just ignore them. That is the worst possible thing that could happen. They throw a big party and nobody shows up.

Just think....if a bunch of white people wouldn't have complained then I would have never heard about .....whatever her name is. In any case, I wish she would go back to Africa....

Maybe we could start up a collection!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#29]
They're trying to say that she wrote that???

I know lots of 7-year-olds that use the word paradigm.

I think the most impressive aspect of this whole issue is that a 7-year-old can actually read that without messing up the pronunciation of some of those words.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
They're trying to say that she wrote that???

I think the most impressive aspect of this whole issue is that a 7-year-old can actually read that without messing up the pronunciation of some of those words.

It ought to be criminal to use a child like that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll kick in 100 bucks for plane fare. see ya beotch
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'll kick in 100 bucks for plane fare. see ya beotch

It would be interesting to see what her poems would say after she had been there for a little while.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That's 20 cents right?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Take a page out of the Boondock's episode "The Garden Party".  Huey was talking smack about whites, and everyone though it was "adorable".  He wound up being the one offended because nobody cared.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Autum's performance also included commanding white students to remain seated

Oh, I don't think so, little girl.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs - partly because they want sympathy, partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

I'm afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."
~ Booker T. Washington,
written in 1911.

I heartily encourage everyone to read "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by the great Thomas Sowell.

I'm halfway through it and it has fairly, factually and righteously destroyed my public-school-education ideas on race.

At one point or another, every "race" was enslaved by some other race. Sometimes by the same race... But the US is pretty much the only nation that still makes a huge deal out of it. (perfect lead in to the Booker T. Washington quote above)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Autum defended her poem by explaining to the Westchester Journal News that white people are "devils and they should be gone. We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

Who is surprised?

I got a visa card!! If shes so hot to go back to Africa I will pay her airfare one way to fucking Mogadishu, Somalia.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

What does she against Darwin?  geeeeesh.

I think she is upset that Darwinism has taken its toll on her closest friends.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Autum defended her poem by explaining to the Westchester Journal News that white people are "devils and they should be gone. We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

Who is surprised?

I got a visa card!! If shes so hot to go back to Africa I will pay her airfare one way to fucking Mogadishu, Somalia.

Nah, send her to Liberia.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is surprised?

They dont want her or her kind in Africa -Africans would never accept them or consider them 'Africans' . They would probably meet the bad end of a machete within 2 weeks .

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#41]
With those rhymes, she could have a promising rap career ahead of her.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
" We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

I don't understand what is stopping them!

I'm in for $20.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Kill dee white people
but buy my record first...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is surprised?

They dont want her or her kind in Africa -Africans would never accept them or consider them 'Africans' . They would probably meet the bad end of a machete within 2 weeks .

Indeed, most real Africans I know feel that African-Americans are lazy, have a shitty culture, and have told some of my African American friends the only reason they are welcome is for the same reason Americans in general are welcome: African Americans have money. From what I have seen and heard, most Africans have a big problem with Blacks in America bitching about their problems when their problems in no way compare to the problems of Africa.

Strange that a Black Ethiopian can learn English fluently in 2 years since coming here, and maintain a 4.0 in electrical engineering at a top-15 college(one of my friends), yet I have yet to see an African American with the same achievements after 12 years of preparatory schooling via public schools.

When will people realize that race is not an issue, culture is. If your culture promotes laziness,hatred, and lacks a work ethic; then you can damn well expect to be living in the shithouse for the rest of your life; if your culture has a strong work ethic and values knowledge, then you will most likely atleast attain middle class status here in the US, even if you start with nothing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and white folks mistreated white folks and black folks mistreated black folks.

We disagree on many things, my friend;  but this is one of the truest things you have ever written on this board.

very well said

What's really sad in this whole thing is the father is poisoning his child with a racist ideology.   It is not the little girl's fault.   Hopefully as she grows up she'll come to realize what an idiot her father is.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We disagree on many things, my friend;  but this is one of the truest things you have ever written on this board.

very well said

What's really sad in this whole thing is the father is poisoning his child with a racist ideology.   It is not the little girl's fault.   Hopefully as she grows up she'll come to realize what an idiot her father is.

What I find sad is that a black youth that is actually into education and learning languages and the like is the one that is most likely to use that knowledge to seperate blacks from whites, not bring them closer together.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Every day I wish more and more we had picked our own cotton.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#48]
More power too her.

I really don’t feel threatened by Black Separatists or black Nationalists. If they want to go off and live by themselves somewhere then it’s not hurting me in the least. And if they want to…

“…develop my mind and body to the greatest extent possible. I will learn all that I can in order to give my best to my People in their struggle for liberation. …I will discipline myself to direct my energies thoughtfully and constructively rather than wasting them in idle hatred… I will train myself never to hurt or allow others to harm my Black brothers and sisters…”

… Then I’m going to do everything possible to encourage them. Get an education. Get a job, or start a business. Stay off drugs. Stop bitchin about things that happened years ago and concentrate on making a better future for themselves. Show zero tolerances for Black people who sell poison to others or who pimp their sisters out.

Hell, if they do this they will end up being gun toting Republican Conservatives.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Every day I wish more and more we had picked our own cotton.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Teach a child in the ways he or she should go.....

This is sad.

I'm tired of no one taking accountability for their lives anymore. I was raised in a near-poverty family, yet I put myself through college by securing scholarships and I have a great job in DC now. I did not start writing poetry of hatred against anyone. Geez.

I'm part Native American, and yet I attended Cleveland Indians games regularly. Big f***in' deal.

Let's see a little cracker rise up and produce a hate album.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top