Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 11:48:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
How could this bappen? I thought they banned all handguns??!?!

Oh well, they should probably ban all rifles now too, just so this type of thing never happens again, right?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
DOUBLEFEED, are you secretly also COOL?

Sorry, I couldnt resist[:d].
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think there is a handgun ban in Australia.  Don't get me wrong not anyone can own one.

They banned heaps of rifles and shotguns after the Port Arthur massacre.  Semi-autos mostly.

If you want a handgun in Australia you have to be an active member in a Target Pistol Club.

There have been a lot of handgun related crime in Australia of late. Of course they are not the target shooters doing it but the crims who manage to get whatever handgun, rifle etc they want.

Just wait for the media to start on this.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
i dont think you understood, I was comparing you to the most hated man on FA.com, who was banned here, and is also rumored to be hangfire over there. He cuts and pastes up to 10 times a day. It got so bad one night that Tim made him his own forum, just for his shit. We call it the landfill. Or the litterbox. Its a real bear getting him to use it though.

Yeah, you are cool. But are you also Cool?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the mix Poiny... You been waiting for a post like this?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#7]
My heartfelt greetings to the Aussie. If I want to talk to you, I'll have to stay up late, wont I?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Sombody got banned on FA?  Didn't know that was possible.

Poiny, WA is Washington State, not Western Australia.  I have been confused many a time.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:21:34 AM EDT
[#10]
No, BOG is still there, along with just about everbody who got banned here, it seems. TheTacticalOne and DennisJSweetsers were banned for registering with intent to cause trouble and harass a member.

I don't mean to give you crap DF, its all in good fun.

I like BBC, the news is better. Its not supposed to be entertainment, like US news. CNN international is good too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey 1GUNRUNNER I did not even realise this was my first post.  I have been reading this forums since before Sept 11 2001.

I must sit here and make comments outloud instead of typing them out.

WA ... well this is interesting ... I have never been to Western Australia (I am in Melbourne South-East Australia) but I have been to Washington State with my work March this year.  If only I had organised to have a shot of an AR15 while I was there. [>(]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome, thanks for deciding to post.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Well .... I was wrong ..... this guy was a legitimate shooter.  He has really helped the ban handgun crew. [V]

Monash shooting update 5

22 October 2002

Police today released details of those people killed and injured in the shooting incident at the Monash University Clayton campus, in Melbourne’s south-east, yesterday.

Homicide detectives have charged Huan Yun Xiang, 36, of Clayton, with two counts of murder and five counts of attempted murder following the shootings. He has been remanded in custody to 25 February next year.

Police can confirm the names of the two men killed at Monash University. They are:

Xu Hui (William) Wu, 26, a student, of Clayton.

Steven Chang, 26, a student, of Doncaster.

The five injured include:

A man, 22, of Dingley, with gunshot wounds to the abdomen and leg, is recovering in the Alfred Hospital.

A man, 44, of Montrose, with gunshot wounds to the arm and knee, is recovering in the Alfred Hospital.

A man, 21, of Ormond, with gunshot wounds to the shoulder and hand, is recovering in St Vincent’s Hospital.

A woman, 22, of Glen Waverley, with a gunshot wound to the face, is recovering in the Monash Medical Centre.

A man, 23, of Clayton South, with gunshot wounds to the leg, is recovering in the Monash Medical Centre.

Police can confirm the gunman had several handguns with him at the time of the shootings.

[b]The man is a licenced shooter and holds correct permits for the handguns. [/b]

Police have praised the bravery of a lecturer and a student who overpowered the gunman, claiming the actions had prevented further deaths or serious injuries.

The shootings were contained to the one classroom. About 14 students were in the classroom at the time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top