Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 4:25:32 PM EDT
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/wiggy762%2FCoax%2520in%2520Bradley%2Ejpg[/img]

Me with my coax inside of the Bradley that I was gunner on.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/wiggy762%2FBradley%2Ejpg[/img]

This is a buddy of mine, Rza, from my Fort Benning days, he was a driver in the LT's track.
Check out the look on his face as he is looking at the 25mm.

Oh yea for those of you out at the Hun, Fun, Sun and Shoot fest, I am Wiggy762's brother, Andy.  I started out as Wiggy223, but after firing the 3 rnd burst POS the Army has I decided to go with something a bit bigger.  The screen name comes from the 25mm Bushmaster cannon on the M2/M3 series of Bradley Fighting Vehicles.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey 242, It was nice meeting you at ETH's.  I have a q.  Is it a bushmaster 25 mm as in the same bushmaster who makes my ar?

Thanks

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
TxLewis, Geachtete got it right.  McDonnell Douglas makes the 25mm Bushmaster.  A very SWEET weapon to fire.  Although it is a bit heavy on the arms when you have to haul it in and out of the turret.  Also I did not sign up for Wiggy223, I thought my brother Wiggy762 did but it turns out he did not.  So I decided to use the 25mm I loved so much from my younger days for my screen name. Here is a web site I did while I was in Ft. Benning a few years back.  Please excuse the web page I have not updated it in quite a while.  Some of the pic links will not work.

[url]http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/montopolis/295/m2a3.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
by the way,
welcome to the board!!!!!!
nice pics.
[beer]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool pic but lose the Birth Control Glasses![:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I talked to a buddy of mine at the school down in Ft. Benning who is also a Master Gunner.  Anyway he says as far as he knows McDonnell Douglas designed and built the first run, but then Hughes Aircraft won the sub-contractor bid and then produced the majority of the Bushmasters.  Hope this helps a bit.
[url]http://knox-www.army.mil/school/tid/dli/accc_rc/equipment/bushmaster_25mm.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Ahhh...they are also referred to as Chainguns.  Originally the 25mm was for the Bradley, and the 30mm is mounted on the Apache AH-64.  I've seen other cals recently.  The boat model should also be a 25mm.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Its too easy to break glasses when you mash your face into the sight.  The pad is too narrow for glasses to fit.  Not sure if you can see in the 1st pic but I had the gator things on the back of the BCG's so I could pull them down off my face so they would just hang.  The bad part about doing that is I could not change ammo myself, my BC had to.  It's not too hard, just pushing a few buttons.  He did punch up some wrong ammo every so often.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top