Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2005 1:36:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine is on his way back to DFW from Houston right now, luckily he started out from the north side of town but said it's taken more than half an hour to move 2 miles so far.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a friend on their way down to the coast to help their father and mother pack. I'll be sure to let them know when they call me back.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Losers
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Losers

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Losers

wtf.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Losers

That doesn’t seem appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If there is a mandatory evacuation order... they should use the (formerly)'southbound' lanes as an evacuation route.

Last time we did an evac, there was traffic stacked for miiiiles... but yet the 'other' lanes were empty.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like it's time to start the monster truck and put it in low gear. Stay safe everyone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Losers

Care to elaborate?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Losers

Wow, what a tard. I hope someday you realize what a fucking moronic, childish statement you typed really is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Good, I am glad to see so many people decided to get out of harms way before it is too late. I hope you all make it out safe and good luck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
6pm tonight the I45 freeway will be open to only northbound traffic, I repeat only to north bound traffic. The southbound side will become northbound also. Good luck I will be here for the duration in Galveston County in my blue suit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Losers

for all of Houston, we would like to tell you to fuck off
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Where are the cops..they ought to be up at the front of the line yelling at people to move it.......breaking up the jam where it occurs.......waving cars on.....whatever......but I guarantee they could help somehow!!!  Maybe some prior police planning for evacuations might have helped!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If there is a mandatory evacuation order... they should use the (formerly)'southbound' lanes as an evacuation route.

Last time we did an evac, there was traffic stacked for miiiiles... but yet the 'other' lanes were empty.

This sounds like good idea.  An extra lane marked off with cones and such might help out in this situation.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Losers

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Good luck I will be here for the duration in Galveston County in my blue suit.

Good luck to you and stay safe!

Trey

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
good luck getting gas,too. I've been working the northwest part of town, and half of the gas stations are sold out. the other half have lines extending for a block or more.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Losers

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41406

LMFAO!!!....Holy shit!  I had to get up and laugh....Ah, priceless.   Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#22]
At least your Mayor gave you a 2 1/2 day head start..unlike Mayor flooded bus did for NOLA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
good luck getting gas,too. I've been working the northwest part of town, and half of the gas stations are sold out. the other half have lines extending for a block or more.

I run a butane supply operation by rail for a refining company.  The rail racksand rail service in Mont Belvieu  is shut down.  Yet another crimp in gasoline production.  Just when the EPA lets us blend butane to gasoline early to increase gas production, we get hosed again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Where are the cops..they ought to be up at the front of the line yelling at people to move it.......breaking up the jam where it occurs.......waving cars on.....whatever......but I guarantee they could help somehow!!!  Maybe some prior police planning for evacuations might have helped!

they're out there, it's just that there are alot of people
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#25]
What you need is a contra flow plan. It did work as far as moving cars out of the New Orleans area.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm gonna go for a longshot here and say the ARFcom community is much more worried about Texas than LA.  Am I right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm gonna go for a longshot here and say the ARFcom community is much more worried about Texas than LA.  Am I right?

I sure in the hell am
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sure in the hell am

I am too.  Maybe because I used to live in Houston.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Heres the gig bro...

I got family there. There's family and then there's everything else. LA is else but I do care.

And I'm not saying I represent this community, just me. Others may view this quite differently.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Driving against the flow into Houston just a few minutes ago, I saw a traffic jam starting from around mile marker 78 and it went on as far as my eye could see.

So, I called up a few friends that I knew were at various places on I45.  All of them reported bumper-bumper 5mph maximum movement all the way down to Galveston where I45 starts (mile marker 0)

Every gas station I saw on the other side of I45 had lines that stretched onto the frontage road.

So, for any of you guys that plan to evacuate, I recommend you find another route or plan accordingly.

ROAD RAGE!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#31]
abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=traffic&id=3266799

That's a good traffic map for folks in Houston
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Check the Hometown Forums page.  Texans are a lot more active here than just about any other group.

Personally, I worry about anyone staring down a Cat 5.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It's Bush's fault. And if you don't believe me, just ask Cindy . . .
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Losers

Absolutely the most inappropriate post I have ever read, you top cyanide and clean cut by a wide margin.

Good luck to the folks trying to get out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

At least they ain't price gauging
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Losers

dickless
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Losers

Only in the since that they are about to lose. You, on the other hand, are a fucktard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Losers

My little brother left Houston going North this morning ....He'll be at my house tonight God willing...and yes you'll still be an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Losers

Care to elaborate?  

They're going to miss out on all the looting.  Not to mention $2000+ cash handouts, free food, free lodging afterwards on top of a little well-deserved "economic justice".....meanwhile those people leaving have to face traffic jams and shell out huge amounts of money on lodging and food on top of losing everything they left behind.  They're saps, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Brother is down in Spring,has 2 generators,but don't know if they have gas.He is worried that the big-truck trailers won't make it through this(he is terminal mgnr for Lynden Transport).Yeah,he was stuck in big jam too!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=traffic&id=3266799

That's a good traffic map for folks in Houston

I was about to post the same thing...here's one from Galveston

Galveston to Houston Real-Time Traffic Map
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Well Raven, when Alaska gets nailed by the Big One that y'all KNOW is coming, should we then call YOU a loser? Maybe an idiot? Or just a fucktard?

There are 7 MILLION people trying to get out of Houston, into an area that is already plum full still from Katrina and the 1.5 million that bugged out of NOLA.

Bad karma, asshole, bad karma.
Your turn will come.
You live on a fault zone, dipshit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Losers

Care to elaborate?  

They're going to miss out on all the looting.  Not to mention $2000+ cash handouts, free food, free lodging afterwards on top of a little well-deserved "economic justice".....meanwhile those people leaving have to face traffic jams and shell out huge amounts of money on lodging and food on top of losing everything they left behind.  They're saps, if you ask me.

It sounds as if you'll be well prepared next time a hurricane comes to your neighborhood. I wouldn't start namecalling like saying you are a fucktard/asshat/idiot/dickwad or anything like that. But the quoted statements suggest that an fucktard/asshat/idiot/dickwad wrote it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Sent the wife this morning with her sis and mom. They made it to Arlington now (7pm) after stopping in Conroe for a rest. Best bet out of town is 249 to Montgomery then across to 35. The rest will be too much of a Goat-Fuck. I am in Memorial area of Houston and the traffic is out of control. People are really on edge. The gas is gone, water is gone, cell phones are non-functional and it's only a matter of time before some real panic sets it. I boarded up my windows, bought a used Z71 4X4 1500 Silverado today and am in the process of loadout. The only reason I have time to type is because I am taking a dump. My ER shift at the hospital ends 6 am and I am gone. Good luck and God Bless you all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Losers

Care to elaborate?  

It sounds as if you'll be well prepared next time a hurricane comes to your neighborhood. I wouldn't start namecalling like saying you are a fucktard/asshat/idiot/dickwad or anything like that. But the quoted statements suggest that an fucktard/asshat/idiot/dickwad wrote it.

Dont hate the player.  Hate the game.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Driving against the flow into Houston just a few minutes ago, I saw a traffic jam starting from around mile marker 78 and it went on as far as my eye could see.

So, I called up a few friends that I knew were at various places on I45.  All of them reported bumper-bumper 5mph maximum movement all the way down to Galveston where I45 starts (mile marker 0)

Every gas station I saw on the other side of I45 had lines that stretched onto the frontage road.

So, for any of you guys that plan to evacuate, I recommend you find another route or plan accordingly.

mile marker 78, what is that highway 242?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top