Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I got soooo excited, a cherry AMT Hardballer just popped up on a local sale board.

In retrospect I’m lucky it was just the 5” and not the longslide.  I really don’t need to spend money on that.

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
This popped up on my YouTube suggestions

Seemed appropriate for here

Indiana State Police 1988 Training with a Speedloader
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The sooner we can nail down a date, the better.  I need to put in for vacation time.  (Just please... not the first weekend in Oct!).

By the way.  I've got two Members only jackets enroute... a white one and a teal one!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Scruffy career hoodlum loadout

Beat .357 - from a cop I ambushed outside a liquor store
.32 J frame -obtained in a purse snatching
Smith and Wesson 12 gauge - stolen from a duck hunter and rusty from being stashed in the leaky trunk of my Dodge Dart.

Attachment Attached File

Attire will be cowboy boots,jeans with a Confederate flag buckled leather belt embossed with my name,M1965 jacket with a hand drawn skull on the back over a Molly Hatchet shirt,$1 sunglasses and a trucker hat.

Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Smith and Wesson 12 gauge - stolen from a duck hunter and rusty from being stashed in the leaky trunk of my Dodge Dart.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/69D14F54-9B50-4EEE-A9E3-D781E8A13CA3_jpeg-834355.JPG

Attire will be cowboy boots,jeans with a Confederate flag buckled leather belt embossed with my name,M1965 jacket with a hand drawn skull on the back over a Molly Hatchet shirt,$1 sunglasses and a trucker hat.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/69D14F54-9B50-4EEE-A9E3-D781E8A13CA3_jpeg-834355.JPG

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
You've thought out that backstory a little...haven't you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
We may be getting close to some.... news.

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Clarence Boddicker and a shit ton of other folks used PGO shotguns.

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000053940137-ebhg94-t500x500.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Shockwave style shotguns of course are in.

https://i.imgur.com/gOMwWUC.jpg
Of course we are referencing a very popular weapon of the 80s.

But now I'm starting to imagine a "dumpster defense" theme match.

Would women be allowed if everyone has to be shirtless?

Side note.

I have a real hankering to see Shockwave style shotguns used in shooting matches. That sporting purpose clause that keeps coming back up even though it was an idea invented by Nazis.

"In this stage you will blast the dummy at close range until nothing is left"
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Shockwave style shotguns of course are in.

https://i.imgur.com/gOMwWUC.jpg
Of course we are referencing a very popular weapon of the 80s.

But now I'm starting to imagine a "dumpster defense" theme match.

Would women be allowed if everyone has to be shirtless?

Side note.

I have a real hankering to see Shockwave style shotguns used in shooting matches. That sporting purpose clause that keeps coming back up even though it was an idea invented by Nazis.

I can do that!
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay ya’ filthy animals....

28-29 September 2019
Talon Range, Tallahassee Florida.

It’s muthafuckin’ ON

Complete rule book is almost done, JBT is working on cool artwork and promotional stuff.

Who’s man enough?

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Talon Range is a professional set up. I can confirm. Spoke with them at SHOT Show and again here in town. They're all for it. They host IDPA, Steel, USPSA, CAS, and GSSF.

This is an older aerial of the range.

It is FAR BIGGER THAN THIS NOW.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm seriously considering going. But my guns are mainly modern ones.

I have a 92FS from '94 but it has dimmed Trijicon sights. A Sig 556 Patrol with irons but a flat top. Would these work?

If not, I have a Hungarian underfolder AK and a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911. Probably grow out my mustache and go as a Mexican drug cartel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a 92FS from '94 but it has dimmed Trijicon sights. A Sig 556 Patrol with irons but a flat top. Would these work?

If not, I have a Hungarian underfolder AK and a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911. Probably grow out my mustache and go as a Mexican drug cartel.
View Quote
We can probably make that work.

But you realize you have an excuse to get more guns, right?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Everything but the Sig 556.... And even then... I'd allow it since a Sig 556 looks like a regular Sig rifle since they never had carry handles to begin with. Run it with iron sights and good to go.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off to the pawn shops. Have to do research as I was born in 1988.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm ready to rock.

White linen suit.
Pastel Guayabera shirt.
Ray Bans.
Chrome 586.
Attachment Attached File

Not pictured:
Beretta 92
M16a2
Remington 870
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
No .380?  PPKs were popular back then.  What's with the magazine limits?  The Colt 9mms used Uzi style mags that held 32 rnds (more commonly seen with the 20s though), the Jatimatic held 20 or 40 (Red Dawn fame and a few other movies but I doubt anyone has one), Tec 9s, MACs and some of the other 9mm that were popular with drug dealers and Hollywood, and even the 42rnd AUG mags (a US Customs guy I knew had one as his issued rifle in the late 80s, no idea how he got it but it had the happy switch).
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No .380?  PPKs were popular back then.  What's with the magazine limits?  The Colt 9mms used Uzi style mags that held 32 rnds (more commonly seen with the 20s though), the Jatimatic held 20 or 40 (Red Dawn fame and a few other movies but I doubt anyone has one), Tec 9s, MACs and some of the other 9mm that were popular with drug dealers and Hollywood, and even the 42rnd AUG mags (a US Customs guy I knew had one as his issued rifle in the late 80s, no idea how he got it but it had the happy switch).
View Quote
Actually .380 and even .32ACP is allowed in Merino division, it’s just a typo.

The mag limits are there to help keep competition more skill- than equipment-based.  And Ballistic Nylon division has no restrictions on mag capacity as long as the mags are “period correct”, so there’s a place for damn near everything from the era.

Once I get the rulebook done (should be by the first of next week), “The Plan” is to have a sort of “open for comment” period of a month or so to get competitor feedback and tweak things as needed, then finalize everything.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Where do we sign up for our street names?
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#22]
This might slow down my draw times, but dat sight radius....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This might slow down my draw times, but dat sight radius....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221679/21D4E3F4-4FF7-43E4-A7CC-0E54FE02B4B6_jpeg-836656.JPG
View Quote
If you use that and DON'T dress like Harry Callahan.... you'll be mocked unmercifully!
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Talon Range is a professional set up. I can confirm. Spoke with them at SHOT Show and again here in town. They're all for it. They host IDPA, Steel, USPSA, CAS, and GSSF.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fWHdAp6JL1o/maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.genesisgroup.com/images/screen_photos/547_1448977203.jpg

View Quote
Outstanding! So far... the date works out great!
As a local, can you let us out of towners know where we can get a good hotel room? Decent restaurants?  Anything near the beach? (Hell... what about a beach party for the shoot? Lol)
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As a local, can you let us out of towners know where we can get a good hotel room? Decent restaurants?  Anything near the beach? (Hell... what about a beach party for the shoot? Lol)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fWHdAp6JL1o/maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.genesisgroup.com/images/screen_photos/547_1448977203.jpg

Tallahassee and Midway is 60 miles inland.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The mag limits are there to help keep competition more skill- than equipment-based.  And Ballistic Nylon division has no restrictions on mag capacity as long as the mags are “period correct”, so there’s a place for damn near everything from the era.

Once I get the rulebook done (should be by the first of next week), “The Plan” is to have a sort of “open for comment” period of a month or so to get competitor feedback and tweak things as needed, then finalize everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, must have missed it.  Carry on.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Tallahassee and Midway is 60 miles inland.
View Quote
Oh well.....

I'll take  swimming pool then!
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Where do we sign up for our street names?
View Quote
Nowhere official for sign up yet.

Right now, the best thing to do is call “DIBS” in this thread.

International Dibs Protocol will be observed as much as possible.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nowhere official for sign up yet.

Right now, the best thing to do is call “DIBS” in this thread.

International Dibs Protocol will be observed as much as possible.
View Quote
DIBS on “Paul Kersey”
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
FB page isn't loading for me...
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Dibs on McBaine
McBain (The Full Movie, High Quality, Widescreen)
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah, having some technical difficulties with Facebook.... this is why I want a retro match!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Claiming Martin Castillo
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Claiming Marion Cobretti
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Claiming Switek... because:

he's a little overweight...

he's a little goofy...

and to the best of my recollection,  he rarely hit shit!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Okay ya’ filthy animals....

28-29 September 2019
Talon Range, Tallahassee Florida.

It’s muthafuckin’ ON

Complete rule book is almost done, JBT is working on cool artwork and promotional stuff.

Who’s man enough?

View Quote
Fuck me, I gotta work.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Cross posted in the competitive shooting side of Arfcom

Get you Member's Only Jackets and Rayban Sunglasses Ready - Retro Shooting Match is Set
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is the Draft Article for TTAG to promote this.

Grab Your Member’s Only Jackets & Ray-Bans Sunglasses. Retro Wave Shooting has an Official Match Date & Location.

As we discussed early in our article about how nostalgia is creating a new type of shooting sport.

An years past, Cowboy Action Shooting became very popular and was actually the largest form of shooting sports outside of the traditional games like trap and skeet. The Baby Boomer generation grew up on westerns starring John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford, Gary Cooper, Roy Rogers and Audie Murphy. That drove a desire for all things cowboy.

Well, Gen X-ers and Millennials are starting to influence the market, too. As someone on the border between being between GenX-er and a Millennial (early ’80s brat), I can honestly say that right now, there is a rising interest in my age group of shooters who that want to emulate and recreate a lot of what they experienced in their youth.
View Quote
It appears our article and the ongoing discussions that is spurred on various gun forums have really made a splash across the internet. So much so that a location and date have been selected and rules have been drafted (CLICK HERE to see match rules).

So what exactly is Retro Wave Shooting? It is a new shooting league set in the era of fast cars, popping colorful threads, jamming synthwave music. It is a way to pay homage to the action movies/tv shows and real life events of years past. The entire idea is to relive the 70s/80s/90s in a fun, safe, and inclusive way. Unlike Cowboy Action Shooting, shooting in costume isn’t required. All that is required is the right mindset, safe firearms handling, and a smile on your face.

Personally, I’m going to compete in the Poly-Blend Division to honor my father when he was a cop back in 1980s Miami.

My father during those days in Miami.

Except I’ll use my S&W Model 64 .38 Special 4? service revolver and my Ruger Mini-14 GB stainless rifle instead of the Beretta and Remington 870 he carried back then.

The real nice thing is that there are additional divisions and if you want to shooting with just about anything you can. There is the Ballistic Nylon Division. A nice catch all for folks that just really want to have a blast. The rules for that division state the following;

Rimfire ammunition not allowed

Any safe, functional period-correct weapons and accessories are allowed, including select-fire, autoloading shotguns, and period-correct magazines, sights, optics, and bi-pods.

BN competitors must retain a fixed-blade knife with at least a 6” blade during all courses of fire or face continual stinging ridicule.
View Quote
Yup, you read that right. A location and have have been selected. Where? Talon Range in Midway, Florida. When? September 28 & 29, 2019.

A fantastic outdoor shooting range with 7 individual handgun ranges, 12 ranges for pistols or rifles, 6 competition ranges, 100 yard rifle range, 400 yard rifle range, 3 steel reactive ranges, Archery range 20/30/40/50 yards, a 10 station sporting clays course, and Trap/Skeet/5-Stand ranges. In fact, you can check out some of the range and do a virtual tour of the shooting bays on Google Maps.

What can I say about Talon Range? It is a great range and I know because I’m a member there. What’s great other than the physical setup is that they’re very open to shooting sports. They host Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA, USPSA, GSSF, 3 Gun, Rimfire/Centerfire Steel Matches, and Bowling Pin Matches. The owners and staff are very supportive of the Second Amendment and personally speak in support of pro gun issues at the Florida Capitol and North Florida area Town Halls.

So grab your white linen suit, chromed out S&W 586, and Ray-Bans because it looks like the next fun shooting event will be held in Florida.

Courtesy of crzapy – ar15.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Claiming Thomas Magnum.  The guest house was a lot like a basement
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Trying a different Facebook approach...

Is this working better?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is this working better?
View Quote
That ones working
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That ones working
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this working better?
That ones working
Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I would be there to rock the Hawaiian Shirt and the .45.

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Okay, since the new FB page is working, I think the “discussion” section is a great place to stake our claims on aliases and legends.  I just posted mine.  I’m so cool my alias has an alias.

Nathan “Cochese” Wind.

Link Posted: 2/9/2019 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I just ordered a VERY important piece of equipment...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just ordered a VERY important piece of equipment...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/wwf-rage-pager-the-rock_jpg-839875.JPG

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#48]
This looks like the most fun ever.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is precisely the plan.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hence why we're doing this.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top