Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 1:33:34 AM EDT
6 Killed in Arizona As SUV Flees Deputies

Oct 17, 4:41 AM (ET)

By ANABELLE GARAY

PHOENIX (AP) - A stolen truck filled with suspected illegal immigrants sped away from deputies and rolled over at a busy intersection near an Army post Saturday, causing an 11-car crash that killed six people and seriously injured 15, sheriff's officials said.

Passengers were thrown from the truck as it struck a center median and began to spiral, hitting vehicles waiting at a turn lane, Deputy Chief Randy Redmond of the Sierra Vista Fire Department said. Investigators think the truck was traveling at about 90 mph when it lost control near Fort Huachuca in southeastern Arizona, he said.

At least 20 people were in the truck, Redmond said.

"This is the worst multiple fatality accident I've been on," Redmond said. "To have people pinned, the huge language barrier, it was really a horrible, horrible scene."

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that sucks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Blame the cops.

Blame anyone except the driver of the stolen truck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Blame the cops.

I blame the tires.

It's just like Rush says:  "...as SUV flees..."  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
hope it only killed the illegals. my grandparents live in Fort Huachuca .
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blame the cops.

WTF, We are just soppesed to let people go if they drive off when cops stop them. Grow up, cops need TOWs and put a memo out, :you run from use, we blow up with wire guided missle"
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
guess who pays this bill ???
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I love our immigration policy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]
The Border Patrol is not allowed to pursue smugglers due to accidents like this.

On the other hand, Mexcian Consulate Officials have shown up at accident scene to coach the drivers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Bet you Mexico issues a statement condemning the cops and calling this a racist act.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Blame the cops.

WTF, We are just soppesed to let people go if they drive off when cops stop them. Grow up, cops need TOWs and put a memo out, :you run from use, we blow up with wire guided missle"

Calm down there svtfast.  Do you think Grivo_Mak was being just a little sarcastic?  You have to brush up on your reading comprehension.  You know, reading between the lines.

The only people to blame are the driver and the illegal immigrants for paying him to drive them across.  Of course, the only people to pay for it are U.S. taxpayers, as usual.  The medical bills alone are going to be a doozy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Border Patrol is not allowed to pursue smugglers due to accidents like this.

On the other hand, Mexcian Consulate Officials have shown up at accident scene to coach the drivers.

+1

Read about illegals heading down the wrong side of the street or highway to cause their pursuers to break off.

I'd like to see Vlad's solution applied to the border. Impaled illegals wiggling in the sun!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#12]
unfortunately this happens on a monthly basis down here. I thought we'd been getting the message out but I'll say it again, "Mr President, CLOSE THE FUCKING BORDER!"
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#13]
The blame should go to the people who set out water stations encouraging illegals.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hope it only killed the illegals.

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hope it only killed the illegals.

+1

Here is the story with video:
http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2439449&nav=HMO5S4bY

Illegals . . . . can't live with them . . . . can't kill them . . .
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Blame the cops.

Hey <snioped>, Grivo was being SARCASTIC.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Same old story. When I used to live in LA, we used to bet about these large multi-fatality accidents. If you bet Mexicans were involved, 9 times out of 10 you won the bet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, at least the driver probably had insurance!!    <note smilie!!>
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine the border.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd like to see Vlad's solution applied to the border. Impaled illegals wiggling in the sun!!!

...but only if they can still reach the government installed/maintained water stations. I would feel too guilty if they dehydrated.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I was lucky enough to get caught in the traffic snarl that was created as a result.  I stopped counting AirMed helos after the 6th one took off.

The driver of the truck, of course, was well enough to bail and head for the hills prior to arrival of LE.

At my old PD in the midwest, unlicensed, uninsured, illegal drivers were the cause of over 60% of our traffic crashes and nearly 75% of our hit and runs.

No one wanted to work a dayshift on Sat Morning because the first 2 hours of the shift would be responding to hit and run or property damage accidents as a result of the drunken drivers wandering home.

In heavy downtown traffic on a friday night, I could close my eyes, point, open them and be looking at an unlicensed illegal driver.  Literally.  It's out of hand, and not just in AZ.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]
{edited}
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top