Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/19/2016 11:34:32 AM EDT

Not the program itself. It looks interesting and I might give it a try after I wrap up some work travel through early May.

What's stupid is "Hey use your 1RM, then take 90% of it, then multiply use 65%, 75%, 85% for your set weights"

Since nobody is doing 65/75/85 in their heads and every web site has a spreadsheet to calculate their weights, why not just say "Use the spreadsheet for your weights. They are 58.5%, 67.5%, 76.5% of your 1RM". Applying two correction factors just makes it sound like someone is making up shit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:43:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By H46Driver:
[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/

Not the program itself. It looks interesting and I might give it a try after I wrap up some work travel through early May.

What's stupid is "Hey use your 1RM, then take 90% of it, then multiply use 65%, 75%, 85% for your set weights"

Since nobody is doing 65/75/85 in their heads and every web site has a spreadsheet to calculate their weights, why not just say "Use the spreadsheet for your weights. They are 58.5%, 67.5%, 76.5% of your 1RM". Applying two correction factors just makes it sound like someone is making up shit.
View Quote

Lol. I do a lot of the math in my head when I get started, but when I'm nearing the end I was having so many problems knowing how many of what plates that I added a column to my spreadsheet to tell me what plates to add. I don't have that problem anymore, I don't work that hard
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:50:22 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCW:

Lol. I do a lot of the math in my head when I get started, but when I'm nearing the end I was having so many problems knowing how many of what plates that I added a column to my spreadsheet to tell me what plates to add. I don't have that problem anymore, I don't work that hard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
[url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/

I do as well. Some of that comes from 3000 hours in the flying fuel emergency that was the mighty Sea Knight (do I have enough gas to get there?). That said, I'm thinking many of the folks I see in the gym, especially those with "crossfit masks" on, may be struggle with decimal multiplication in their heads.

I guess you could always smart phone calculate, but that makes the 90% correction factor even more unnecessary.

It's a minor point, I know, but it irritates me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:50:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2016 11:55:53 AM EDT by CLICKBANGBANG]
You're stupid. Wendler is a god.

I use the app Wendler Log. Search 5/3/1 in the App Store. There are a few. This one graphs and tracks lifts. It does the calcs for each lift, warm ups, and stores your 1rms along with adding weight to each cycle. And there are a million accessories you can add to the workouts. I'm kinda doing a BBB version for accessories.

I haven't used a calculator for anything. App kicks out bar total and what plates/ chips to load.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:52:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
View Quote

gods can multiply without stupid "correction factors"
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:55:53 AM EDT
Lol, flying fuel emergency....

I just gave a conference talk on building powelines with helicopter assistance and one point I made was how much fuel this big Sikorskys drink. We kept one busy a few years back for three days and nearly used a semi trailer of fuel. Stops every hour to top off with my paycheck with of fuel.

I can't imagine actually trying to travel somewhere like that.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:56:37 AM EDT
Lol, flying fuel emergency....

I just gave a conference talk on building powelines with helicopter assistance and one point I made was how much fuel this big Sikorskys drink. We kept one busy a few years back for three days and nearly used a semi trailer of fuel. Stops every hour to top off with my paycheck with of fuel.

I can't imagine actually trying to travel somewhere like that.

View Quote

Normal endurance 1+45. Use it wisely
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:58:07 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Iirc, wasn't the 90% because he thinks most people exaggerate their 1rm? So it's like a bro-factor.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:00:57 PM EDT

Iirc, wasn't the 90% because he thinks most people exaggerate their 1rm? So it's like a bro-factor.

View All Quotes

Yeah, but he could just use 90% of his recommended percentages to compensate for that as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:04:05 PM EDT

Yeah, but he could just use 90% of his recommended percentages to compensate for that as well.
View All Quotes

Did you read his book? There were several parts that reminded me this guy picks stuff up and puts it down for a living.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:17:06 PM EDT
Did you read his book? There were several parts that reminded me this guy picks stuff up and puts it down for a living.

View Quote

Not read the book. Just T-Nation and a few other pages on the program.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2016 12:59:53 PM EDT by ModernDayIsraelite]
OP is stupid and doesn't even lift bro.

I have the PDF I can email you if you want.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:03:00 PM EDT

View All Quotes

I'm finishing my second cycle and am loving it. I did Stronglifts and got tired of it. Then moved to Wendler. So I'm burning through more Newb gains. App below. Do it.

Wendler Log - Strength & Workout Routine Tracker for Powerlifting and Bodybuilding by Charles Vanderhoff
https://appsto.re/us/j_ww5.i
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:50:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ModernDayIsraelite:

View Quote

Hmmm......the 5/3/1 slide rule......Could be on to sumthing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:02:50 PM EDT

View Quote

I only Texas Method...and I'm old
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:37:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tanren37:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tanren37:

Whatever you said went right over my head...
Top Top