Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 9:31:09 AM EDT
link

Voters who made up the core of President Obama's 2008 victory are just as excited and motivated about 2012 as Republicans, conservatives and tea party activists, according to a new survey.

The Democratic-leaning pollster Public Policy Polling finds that African-Americans, tea party supporters and young people are the three most motivated demographic groups going into the 2012 election cycle. According to PPP, 62 percent of black voters describe themselves as "very excited" about voting this cycle, while 55 percent of voters 18 to 29 describe themselves the same way. In 2008, 95 percent of blacks supported President Obama, and 66 percent of voters 18 to 29 backed him.

According to PPP, President Obama's electoral troubles stem from his tumble in popularity with independent voters and centrist Democrats.

"Obama's path to reelection is difficult and if the election was today and the Republican nominee was Mitt Romney I think he'd probably lose. That's because his standing has fallen so far with independents and with the more conservative wing of his own party. But it's not because those core groups that fueled his victory in 2008 have lost their enthusiasm," PPP"s director Tom Jensen wrote in a blog post.

Self-described liberals and self-described conservatives report the same level of motivation, with 54 percent describing themselves as "very excited" to get vote in 2012. Self-described Republicans, however, seem more motivated than self-described Democrats, with 54 percent registering "very excited" versus 49 percent of Democrats.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Excited?  I wish I could say that.

I no longer believe the GOP has the answers to the problems we face and the Dems never had a clue.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I find it interesting that black people are more excited to vote than any other group.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Perhaps "motivated" is a better word...

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I find it interesting that black people are more excited to vote than any other group.

97%

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The rest are excited to re-elect Obama
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
the problem is the other 46%, which won't get excited over any of the fuck tards proposed to win the GOP nomination
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#7]
30% of voters will mark obama ... add in the usual 25% for democrat vote fraud and black jesus easily wins with 55%.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I no longer believe the GOP has the answers to the problems we face and the Dems never had a clue.

Yep.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Obama could raise taxes 50% on black people only, and they would still vote for him.

Shit, he could bring back slavery and they would still vote for him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
30% of voters will mark obama ... add in the usual 25% for democrat vote fraud and black jesus easily wins with 55%.  

then add in 30% for the media conspiracy and 20% for george soros
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Might as well put it up now.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Shit, he could bring back slavery and they would still vote for him.

He does want to bring back tax slavery for redistributive purposes.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#13]
And that is the problem. Selecting a President should not be "exciting".
It should be a logical, reasoned decision based on facts and the candidates platform and abilities.

It should not be like picking the best freak at a circus side show.

Yeah, like that's gonna ever happen.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top