Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 12:24:23 AM EDT
they have a AR50 on display at my store, So tempting
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I got one, sold it.  Id rather have a Barrett after shooting them.  Still nice to have if you have a place to shoot it, and the money to get a nice scope too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
that's the problem, what in the hell will I do with it other than taking out bad guys and the occasional elk. To dream
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I had no range where I could get any use out of it.  If I had kept it, I would had a gun I shoot once or twice a year.

Them damn things are heavy too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Some rifles are just too much for some folks. I don't ever see my self owning a .50 but my handgun and AR collection will one day reach critical mass.

Besides, there's no places around here to effectively use the rifle for long distance shooting. I can't see dropping the bucks on a .50 and be limited to 200 yards of range space. I can build a rig on the AR platform which would easily cover that range and beyond. For a hell of a lot less money on the rifle and the ammo.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
strap the puppy on the back of the ATV and go hunting on my Wyoming or Montana goat ranch when I retire.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, this is the first thread I've seen with people coming up with reasons NOT to own a gun.

Mine makes it to the range about 3 times a month and usually gets shot at 200-300 yards. Honestly, even if I were only shooting at 50 yards it would still be a blast. Soon the recreational boaters will be gone for the winter then its off to the lake for some 1200 yard shooting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hmmm, this is the first thread I've seen with people coming up with reasons NOT to own a gun.

Mine makes it to the range about 3 times a month and usually gets shot at 200-300 yards. Honestly, even if I were only shooting at 50 yards it would still be a blast. Soon the recreational boaters will be gone for the winter then its off to the lake for some 1200 yard shooting.

I do sometimes miss having mine, I always try to look for a reason not to have something before I get it.  Including 99 cent stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, you're guys stats SUCK!  At least here in California we have 1000 yard ranges.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:46:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn, you're guys stats SUCK!  At least here in California we have 1000 yard ranges.

SGtar15

Yeah, but the problem is.. your state has outlawed any gun that will go 1000 yds
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

Yeah, but the problem is.. your state has outlawed any gun that will go 1000 yds

I didnt want to say it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top