Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 3:18:31 PM EDT
Just to let you guys know there were four officers shot today in Grundy, VA (about 1.5 hours from me).  One has been killed and the other three are wounded.  There condition is unknown at this time.  They are still searching for the suspect.  Please pray for their families and the lives of the three still alive.
http://www.wcyb.com/news/27181747/detail.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Fixed the link

What's that bring us up to for the year, 20 cops murdered?  Be safe out there ladies and gents.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I NYPD officer was killed today when an EDP threw him down the stairs causing brain injury, and 1 Philidelhia officer was shot but saved by his vest.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I came here to see if this was posted yet.

Noticed the AP says it appears a rifle was used and it was fired from a mountain? I take it from far away and it from the writing the individual was going after the officers specifically.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I came here to see if this was posted yet.

Noticed the AP says it appears a rifle was used and it was fired from a mountain? I take it from far away and it from the writing the individual was going after the officers specifically.

That area is full of hills and mountains. Wouldn't necessarily have to be from far away.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP Brothers!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Already being discussed over in GD.  As usual, many conflicting reports on numbers of shooters/officers killed.

Worst I've seen is MSNBC reporting two officers dead.  Virginia State Police only confirming "multiple deaths" not saying whether LEO or not.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope the felons dont make it to jail!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]
RIP
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Already being discussed over in GD.  As usual, many conflicting reports on numbers of shooters/officers killed.

Worst I've seen is MSNBC reporting two officers dead.  Virginia State Police only confirming "multiple deaths" not saying whether LEO or not.

my local news reports 2 LEOs and suspect dead, other 2 LEOs in serious condition
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

my local news reports 2 LEOs and suspect dead, other 2 LEOs in serious condition

That is correct...

I am about an hour away.. My sister is a Teacher in B-County.

One officer was trasported to a local hospital and the 4th was air lifted to Bristol Tennessee with life threatning injuries.

They were shot with a rifle of some kind.

I know several of their guys to include the Sherif's daughter and him for that matter....  One of them used to work for our campus p.d. and I went through the academey with him.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Just saw a report on Fox News noting that the suspected shooter is dead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The suspect was shot by police.
To those that serve the law enforcement community thanks for all you do.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#15]
anyone know if this was an ambush or a robbery?  It mentioned larceny in the article, but I am still pretty unclear about what happened.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#16]
This came across my email this morning.

––––––––––––––––

The Buchanan County Sheriff's Department has passed along this funeral information for the fallen deputies.

Visitation for Deputy Billy Stiltner will be Wednesday and Thursday beginning at 6 p.m. at Harman Freewill Baptist Church in Harman.

A service will follow at 7 p.m. both nights.

His funeral is Friday at noon at the same location.

Visitation for Deputy Neil Justice is Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Hurley Middle School.

His funeral is Thursday at noon, also at the school.

Both will be laid to rest at Mountain Valley Cemetery in Big Rock, Virginia.
The “Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office Memorial Fund for Deputies” will be administered through the Sheriff’s Office at PO Box 970 Grundy, VA 24614.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top