Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:22 PM EDT
I posted this in GD but it dropped off of the front page in seconds....maybe I should put it in the right place....

1995 Toyota 4Runner V6 Limited, 102k miles.

Good shape. About what you'd expect from a vehicle with 102k.

Seller is motivated

How much you think it's worth?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
id guess around 5K in good condition.

if you go over it and test drive it you can go from there
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
is it automatic? Not their greatest transmissive effort...
You will want to pay special attention to that V6 head gasket, too.

But still, IMHO, a 95 Toy is the last great domestic year for affordablity/bulletproof-ness
(Cruisers notwithstanding...)

+1 on the 5k price
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
A Toy at 102K is getting warmed up!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
His price is now $4500 (he wanted 5500 last week, but is sick of dealing w/ callers)

I'm getting a pre-purchase inspection at the toyota dealership tomorrow. Good use of $115 before spending $4500

I drove it last week...seemed a little sluggish in the lower RPMs....I have a 4cyl Camry that seems more responsive.

The only "problem" was a tear on the seam of the driver's seat. BFD.

AC was cold (like every toyota)

Shifting was good

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I sold my '95 with 150K miles for $6K.  A couple things...Toyota recently issued a recall for 95 4Runners...Something in the front end?  Also, when I sold mine, it had lost a LOT of compression and had problems with any substantial hill.  Something to think about...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I sold my '95 with 150K miles for $6K.  A couple things...Toyota recently issued a recall for 95 4Runners...Something in the front end?  Also, when I sold mine, it had lost a LOT of compression and had problems with any substantial hill.  Something to think about...

good to know....did you ever diagnose the compression issue?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
No, but I suspect it had to do with the head design.  There was a recall a number of years back and it had to do with the heads and head gaskets....quite a bit of work involved.

Here's a link to the recalls and TSB's issued for '95 4Runners with 4x4 and the V6:

www.alldata.com/TSB/60/95600850.html

ETA: Not sure how up to date this is, since they don't show the most current recall notice (08/05).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top