Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/1/2003 5:43:25 PM EDT
Just saw the cops go to the gun store to get "Semi-autos" to combat the badguys. They point at Ar15's, Car15 and the gunshop owner showed them "something really special, a Remington 700, the best sniper rifle ever made"....the cop responds w/ "I can't believe people can just buy these..." I'll be dropping FOX a note tomorrow morning ;)
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:46:56 PM EDT
yup, i just switched the TV off myself. time to play some pool on Yahoo......
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:48:22 PM EDT
Unfortunately, that is the typical attitude of most big city cops.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:18:12 PM EDT
Yup...you are correct from what I have seen. They are replaying the movie again right now...just caught the begining...more anti-gun dribble.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:27:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By greenmountainpatriot: the gunshop owner showed them "something really special, a Remington 700, the best sniper rifle ever made"....the cop responds w/ "I can't believe people can just buy these..."
View Quote
YES! Shocking maybe to a NYC resident, a Hollywood script writer or a UC Berkeley professor. People in the real world know about bolt-action rifles and their open availibility.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:33:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:46:10 PM EDT
Yeah, but the gun owner also handed one of the cops a CAR, and stated that its the same gun the military uses, blah blah blah. Didn't make them sound too good, ya know? Also, this was in Feb 1997, right? Weren't many of the guns pictured, excluding some of the Sporters with neutered bayo lugs, already banned in CA and only available to cops, not civilians. I've been in several CA gun stores, and around that same time, they had many ARs, but were only available to LEO.
Top Top