Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 7:21:58 AM EDT
I read the following in the Wall Street Journal today (first page and page A12) in an article about suppressing Republican turnout and/or increasing the dem vote.

"According to NRA executive Vice President Wayne La Pierre,  42% of NRA members believe a Kerry presidency would result in less gun control."

It seems that Kerry's hunting photo-ops (staged many times in Ohio and Penn)  have succeeded in blunting his antigun record.  If NRA members believe this bullshit, regular everyday blue collar gun owners may have bought Kerry's BS.  This is really unfortunate.  

Where is the NRA?  Why aren't they out there attacking Kerry's anti gun record?  

I don't live in a battleground state so can you battlegrounders tell me what the NRA is doing in your states to support the prez?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
good god, people are gullible stupid morons.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I don't live in a battleground state so can you battlegrounders tell me what the NRA is doing in your states to support the prez?

Two words...

"McCain/Feingold".
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, but at least if Kerry is elected I will still have some public lands available (that haven't been mined, drilled, stripped or built on) to hunt with my bolt action rifle or double barrel shotgun (the only two types of firearms legal under the Feinstein - Schumer - McCarthy ban signed by Kerry).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Interestingly last night I heard a friend say that he liked Kerry partly because he was not a complete liberal, that he supported the 2nd ammendment and such. That definatly sparked a corrective response. It seems that the Duck hunting things have been effective.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear an NRA radio ad with LaPierre at least 3 times a day here in Colorado.

But only once have I seen the "This poodle won't hunt" newspaper ad.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

indeed.

-Ls
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
My God, they are fools.

Their bolt action hunting rifles will be safe only until the next John Muhammed does his little rampage with a Winchester model 70 or something.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#9]
The NRA has published and is publishing the Kerry record in its magazines. If 42% of the membership still believe that a Kerry presidency will mean less gun control, than those members truly are stupid. They either cannot read, or cannot comprehend what they read.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]
NRA is spending money in TN......
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The NRA has published and is publishing the Kerry record in its magazines. If 42% of the membership still believe that a Kerry presidency will mean less gun control, than those members truly are stupid. They either cannot read, or cannot comprehend what they read.

Yup. Nothing the NRA can do to cure stupidity.

You must ALWAYS remember that 50% of the population is of below average intelligence.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
NRA is spending money in TN......

Same here in Ohio. I don't watch much TV, but I've seen two commericals.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yup. Nothing the NRA can do to cure stupidity.

You must ALWAYS remember that 50% of the population is of below average intelligence.

Ignorance is curable.  Stupid is forever.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#15]
The masses are generally stupid sheep - no surprise that the NRA membership should reflect this.  Despite this truth, people still wonder why the founding fathers of this country created a republic with a constitution, instead of a democracy with malleable guiding principles (despite the USSC work to undermine the US Constitution and amend it outside the process via liberal re-interpretation).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#16]

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#17]
It could also be that Wayne is inflating that statistic a little to scare us to get out to the polls and help W win.  Or to start talking to our buddies and make sure they vote for W.  I can only hope that this is his strategy.

Or maybe the fact that the NRA has a lot of union members in it is the reason this number is so high.  Some people will believe anything the union tells them.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, but at least if Kerry is elected I will still have some public lands available (that haven't been mined, drilled, stripped or built on) to hunt with my bolt action rifle or double barrel shotgun (the only two types of firearms legal under the Feinstein - Schumer - McCarthy ban signed by Kerry).

Nope, if the enviromentalists truely get their way hunting will be banned from those "Old growth" pristine wilderness lands and I will laugh the laugh of the righteous! No need for bolt action sniper rifles if hunting is banned. Of course you could still hunt on private land until the animal rights activists outlaw that too! Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I do believe if Kerry is elected that there would be less gun control. When he outlaws guns 100%, what other gun control laws would you need?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quite simply, 42% of NRA members don't think THEIR guns will be affected. This gives you pretty rough numbers on who has black rifles and pistols, and who doesn't. Hell, what we ought to be doing is kicking these assholes out of our gunclubs and ranges. Don't believe that I should be able to own an AR? Fine then, get your Perazzi shooting ass off of my trap field and out of my gunclub.
Furthermore, these stupid left leaning hunters are going to be kicking themselves when Kerry limits road access to hunting areas,and when the damn forests burn down because we can only get a few smokejumpers in to the area,and there's no clear cuts to provide buffer zones. IDIOTS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't live in a battle ground state either but every issue of the NRA magazine has had negative articles and ads against Kerry.  Other gun magazines have had the NRA's ads against Kerry.  Even major newspapers have had the NRA's ad against Kerry.  Also while watching the Outdoor Life Network they run the NRA's ads against Kerry all day long.

I can see why the average hunter who is not an NRA member might get confused...but for an NRA member to think that way can only mean they are ignorant of everything surrounding them.

There was also an article the other day about a large percentage of NRA members saying they were going to quite the NRA for supporting assault weapons.  I wonder how many of the idiots that think Kerry means less gun control are also in the "I hate assault weapons" group?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It could also be that Wayne is inflating that statistic a little to scare us to get out to the polls and help W win.  Or to start talking to our buddies and make sure they vote for W.  I can only hope that this is his strategy.

Or maybe the fact that the NRA has a lot of union members in it is the reason this number is so high.  Some people will believe anything the union tells them.

Yes, this is a big part of it, especially here in PA.  In addition, many gun owners I've met are actually very apolitical.  This has always astonished me.  It seems to be rooted in a deep cynicism about politicians "all being the same" and a chronic alienation from political participation.
Frankly, if people are bound and determined to be this willfully stupid, perhaps it really is best if they just stay home.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#23]
??????????

Despite all the NRA stuff sent to members telling them about Kerry's REAL record on guns, people still believe that nonsense?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
??????????

Despite all the NRA stuff sent to members telling them about Kerry's REAL record on guns, people still believe that nonsense?

I will repeat what I wrote earlier: 50% of the population is of below average intelligence. This is not an opinion. It is a simple statistical fact.

No one should be surprised when dumb people believe dumb things.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
??????????

I will repeat what I wrote earlier: 50% of the population is of below average intelligence. This is not an opinion. It is a simple statistical fact.

Aww, that John Kerry is a nice fella.

Really Abner? You think he's ok?

Sho do thar Bubba. Why the other night I met him in the local bar and had a drink with him.

Really Abner?

Sho nuff Bubba. Had a nice chat with him....Course I did wake up face down in the men's room, and my butthole was awful sore.....

You can only go so far to convince an idiot to be anything other than what he is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#26]
We sure are in need of a revolution in this country!

An intellectual revolution, where people don't just believe whatever "TV" tells them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Well, it is good to hear that the NRA is spending $20 million in the battleground states.  Of course, since I live in Illinois I see nothing at all.  I just wish the anti black gun "hunting folks" would wise up.  

I swear at times, I wish the Dems would try and push a "sniper rifle ban" to wake-up the hunters.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#28]
"over 50% of the population is below average intelligence"

There's alot more democrats than I thought.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I could give a rat's ass about the majority of so-called "sportsmen". They don't have a clue as to what the purpose of the 2nd and the RKBA movement really is (FREEDOM!). They are only interested in keeping their long-barrel shotguns and scoped bolt-rifles. They're no different than the anti's in my book. In fact, I hold them as traitorous because they should know better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't think the majority of sportsmen are like that. At least I hope not. Although, I have to say that I have encountered a lot of tweed-jacketed clay shooters who hold their noses up at evil black rifle owners.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

indeed.

-Ls

Driving home last weekend I saw a car with a NRA sticker on the rear window.  Nearby on that same window was a Kerry sticker.  I just about ran off the road in shock and disbelief.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I hope you're right.  I just wish union members, (who have got to be one of the largest gun owning groups in the country), would get smart.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My God, they are fools.

Their bolt action hunting rifles will be safe only until the next John Muhammed does his little rampage with a Winchester model 70 or something.

Wrong. sKerry supported and voted for Kennedy's amendment to outlaw all centerfire ammo. Single and double barrel shotguns and .22 rifles and pistols only guns left.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
??????????

This begs the question, "is the membership of the NRA a statistically valid sampling of the population as a whole or is it skewed?".  One might also ask this question about AR15.com members.

Remember, when you go out in the world, 20 people out of 100 will be dumb as boards.  Explains a lot doen't it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top