Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/12/2001 2:51:57 AM EDT
Question , Does anyone know if it is legal to mount a "old style" 3 pronge flashhider on a post ban AR15 ? The mounting would be by threading the muzzle , then welding on the flashhider to make it unremoveable. Also does the 3 pronge flashhider meet the silly gernade lancher (22mm) rule ?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:28:06 AM EDT
If that old 3 prong flashhider reduces muzzle flash then it would be illegal regardless how its attached.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:37:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:50:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chuck: You can't put ANY flash hider on a post ban rifle. But you knew that, right [;)]?
View Quote
a 3 prong woudmnt count as a grande launcher so if u welded it on and REMOVED the pistol grip there for having the Flash hider as your one fetire u would be ok or just simply make the magazine non detachable
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:38:26 PM EDT
If you remove the pistol grip and have the flash hider as your ONE allowable feature, it doesn't have to be welded. Flash hider and threads for a flash hider count as the same item. However, the 3-prong design is still 22mm diameter, so would probably count as a grenade launcher - you'd have to weld a tab to the flash hider to prevent its use as a "grenade launcher".' You may want to check with BATF for other acceptable ways to prevent a muzzle device from being classified as a grenade launcher, too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:59:17 PM EDT
is anyone else feeling dizzy?[puke] (rhetorical question, but answer if you must)why make laws that an average person cannot understand? i once had a liberal tell me that guns were unregulated. after i went HA in his face, i proceeded to explain all that i knew. he ran out of patience before i ran out of wind. -rant over-
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:32:41 PM EDT
Legally speaking. NO!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:03:51 PM EDT
Thanks for all replys , I think I will keep the pistol grip on and the mag detachable. After giving this a lot :) of thought all I can say is BULLSH*T !!
Top Top