Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:58:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 3:22:38 PM EST by PrivateJoker]
An Update from my Reservist buddy in Baghdad:

3 more purple hearts for [us] the other night.

My NCOIC, SFC xxxxxx, took hits in the leg and lower back. He will be fine.

1SG xxxxxx took multiple hits to his arm resulting in a compound fracture. He will be sent home.

SGT xxxxx lost 8 teeth & a piece of his face beside his mouth. He also has shrapnel in his sinus cavity that will have to be removed in Germany.

2 soldiers from the xxxxxx (one of our Battalions) were also hit: 1 lost 3 fingers and her wedding ring (she was more concerned about the ring than the fingers), the other may lose his leg.

On the bright side, our body armor prevented the deaths (probably) of 2 soldiers & Wiley-X ballistic goggles saved xxxxx his eyesight.

It was an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) followed closely by small arms fire. Score after the dust settled: good guys:12, bad guys:zero.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:00:47 AM EST
Your buddies are good men, better men than me. I genuinely appreciate the service of your friends.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:23:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By POWER03:
Your buddies are good men, better men than me. I genuinely appreciate the service of your friends.

Thanks... I'm proud of all of them.
And VERY thankful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:30:50 PM EST
If that had happened to Kerry, he'd have 5 Congressional Medals of Honor and be sworn in as Supreme Commander of the Universe.
Top Top