Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/18/2008 7:21:14 PM EDT
BLATCH77 is out for a while. My xbox just gave me the 3 light Hardware failure code during bootup.

Fortunately, Microsoft is covering the repair under an extended warranty. Basically 3 years from date of purchase. No receipt required, it took all of 1 minute to fill out the repair request.

I am sure it will take a lot longer than that for the actual repair.

Anyone out there have a similar issue? What was the repair time on it? Will they extend your online account since you will not be able to use it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:13:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Got_Guns:
BLATCH77 is out for a while. My xbox just gave me the 3 light Hardware failure code during bootup.

Fortunately, Microsoft is covering the repair under an extended warranty. Basically 3 years from date of purchase. No receipt required, it took all of 1 minute to fill out the repair request.

Anyone out there have a similar issue? What was the repair time on it? Will they extend your online account since you will not be able to use it?

I think its come up a time or two around here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:13:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 5:13:35 AM EDT by Another_Dude]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:22:01 AM EDT
I had the same problem. They did not repair my console, instead they sent me a new one. It took a total of 9 days.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:56:35 AM EDT

Usually they take yours, send you a refurbished one so from most accounts it's pretty quick turn around time.

Be sure to take our your hard drive/transfer your save data, because you will not get it back if you send it off with your 360.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:40:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:36:25 AM EDT
should have done a search before posting.

How did you guys transfer your data from the HDD?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:27:43 AM EDT
No big deal. Search youtube for the "towel 360 fix" and keep using it until your box arrives and it fails again. Once you send it in you should see it back within 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:07:33 PM EDT

How did you guys transfer your data from the HDD?

Microsuck told me to remove the hard drive @ faceplate before shipping it in. Just send the console itself.

Oh and I haven't even shipped mine yet!!!!!! They are claiming a "glitch" in their system that somehow isn't emailing me a shipping label!!!!
Top Top