Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. I'm a giant pussy
2. I'm a giant pussy
3. I'm a giant pussy
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
So his current piece of ass doesn't like icky guns?  Cause that's what I kept hearing.

Lots of feels going on there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont believe that was written by a guy into guns. Sound like made up BS from a "journalist"

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]

...I personally began to feel less powerful whenever I carried a gun. Living in fear while going about my business just made me feel weak and paranoid...

I used to have a huge collection of firearms, and I came to feel that there was no reason for me to have them, and that it merely reflected a toxic personal attitude about guns. ...
View Quote

tl;dr: it's all about his feelz.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I dont believe that was written by a guy into guns. Sound like made up BS from a "journalist"

View Quote
My take as well

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1. I'm a giant pussy
2. I'm a giant pussy
3. I'm a giant pussy
View Quote

Ptobabk2swayed by some too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone needs to end an op-ed rebuttal to that bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#12]
"gun nut"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]
phoney as shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#14]
What a ninny.  I always said to the women. "if you tell me to lose the guns or lose you,  I will lose you".  

I have been married 13 years now.  She shoots occasionally with me and buys me guns on my b-day and x-mas.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I like how the article picture is an airsoft gun...

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"gun nut"
View Quote

Yep, tells me everything I need to know.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was like the lifelong democrats telling people why they aren't a "right winger" any more...and if you are a good person, you will follow suit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
1. I'm a giant pussy
2. I'm a giant pussy
3. I'm a giant pussy
View Quote

4. I'm 'tarded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My take as well  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My take as well  

yep
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was like the lifelong democrats telling people why they aren't a "right winger" any more...and if you are a good person, you will follow suit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"gun nut"

people go from liberal to conservative not the other way around. Its called growing up and facing reality

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#20]

It's a free country.

Own guns. Don't own guns.

Choose, live with your choice, and let others do the same.

But please, stop flapping your gums on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2a636no.png
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"gun nut"
View Quote
That's what caught my attention. The piece is BS, IMO.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"gun nut"
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Liberal terms and talking points.

Doubt if they ever owned a gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#25]
It is a fluff piece like the rolling Stone rape story.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Beta as fuck
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Are we linking to every random idiot with a blog and an opinion these days?  It is no wonder journalists write these stupid anti-gun screeds - that's a guaranteed way to get a million angry views showing what an important writer you are. The Piers Morgan strategy of propping up your failing brand.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Point 2 is full of fail.

Murder rate is falling, not rising (as he claims more than once).

People have overthrown governments on many occasions and it's happening in several countries right now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't care, won't read
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Most of us don't live in the Wild West anymore, and prefer civilized life, so maybe it's time to look at the reality of gun violence in this country and try to do better.
View Quote

I wonder if he knows that there were far less killings in the so-called 'Wild West' than there are now in places like Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Nut is right! I’m not empowered by a gun I empower the gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Its interesting how libs like this guy always structure their arguments assuming that they are more intelligent than the rest of us and then go into the premise that we are mentally defective for not agreeing with them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Liberal terms and talking points.

Doubt if they ever owned a gun.
View Quote

Yep..the only thing it is missing is "blood in the streets."
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#35]
BY Chris Lane who also wrote:

5 TIRED ARGUMENTS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SHOULD QUIT USING.  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/5-arguments-religious-people-should-quit-using-7679474

3 THINGS THE KILLING OF CECIL THE LION BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/3-things-the-killing-of-cecil-the-lion-brought-to-our-attention-7645032

THE CONFEDERATE FLAG: HERITAGE OR HATE?  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-confederate-flag-heritage-or-hate-7530581

5 WAYS SOME PEOPLE IRRITATE OTHERS ON FACEBOOK   http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/5-ways-some-people-irritate-others-on-facebook-7502266

etc..   (but I see nothing on H. Clinton's emails,  planned parenthood vids etc...)
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wonder if he knows that there were far less killings in the so-called 'Wild West' than there are now in places like Chicago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most of us don't live in the Wild West anymore, and prefer civilized life, so maybe it's time to look at the reality of gun violence in this country and try to do better.

I wonder if he knows there was more killing in the Roman Empire and they had no guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#37]
You never was a gun nut, you poseur.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
BY Chris Lane who also wrote:

5 TIRED ARGUMENTS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SHOULD QUIT USING.  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/5-arguments-religious-people-should-quit-using-7679474

3 THINGS THE KILLING OF CECIL THE LION BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/3-things-the-killing-of-cecil-the-lion-brought-to-our-attention-7645032

THE CONFEDERATE FLAG: HERITAGE OR HATE?  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-confederate-flag-heritage-or-hate-7530581

5 WAYS SOME PEOPLE IRRITATE OTHERS ON FACEBOOK   http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/5-ways-some-people-irritate-others-on-facebook-7502266

etc..   (but I see nothing on H. Clinton's emails,  planned parenthood vids etc...)
View Quote

It was a work of fiction. The guy always hated guns and wanted to write a "shocking" article to get clicks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Fictional, and totally made up. Next article will be, "I loved Reagan, and voted for the Bushes, but I've Grown Up, and Think Hillary Is The One For 2016."
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I read that entire piece, trying the whole time to have an open mind.  When I finished reading, the only question in my mind was: What is he actually suggesting be done?

That entire article was nothing more than empty calories - a personal opinion piece without an actual opinion on what should be done.  

Look at me, this is what I think, but I am only going to speak in vague, rhetorical circles while citing nothing in particular.  

*Disclaimer - I am a gun nut.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#41]
How nice that he's all "comfy" in his Houston suburb and won't be needing all but a "few" of his guns.  Hypocrite.

So he doesn't like the gun show crowd?  Big deal.  We trash gun shows and many of the attendees here, regularly.  If that was supposed to upset/bother/hurt/turn or otherwise change my attitude about guns...weak sauce on his part.  Try again.

I guess the fact that he "feels" so much and so often as opposed to thinking logically, like a man, explains where he's coming from more than anything to me.  Thus my complete disdain for him as a person and my total rejection of his ideas and suggestions in his article.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Cover story for being convicted of slapping his wife around?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#43]
The Houston Press is a joke, just a trash rag.  I know what kind people work there because my sister used to.  Then she stepped out in to the real world and changed her tune.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Number 3 is the thesis of the article.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#45]
I sure am glad he didn't advocate an out right ban... I was getting worried there for a minute.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#46]
...somehow rejecting the fact that more and more mass shootings and gun crimes seem to be happening and worry the rest of us.
View Quote

Why do people believe that?  We live in the safest time in all recorded history.  A majority of violence, let alone "gun violence" is done in the inner city.

Are these people fools or are they being willful in their ignorance?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Why do people believe that?  We live in the safest time in all recorded history.  A majority of violence, let alone "gun violence" is done in the inner city.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

...somehow rejecting the fact that more and more mass shootings and gun crimes seem to be happening and worry the rest of us.

and all the "gun violence" would be almost nil if you exclude progressive utopias like Shitcago

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm just going to address this one...

2. Many Gun Owners Believe That They're Powerless Without Their Guns.
View Quote

He then goes on to say how the conspiracy lunatics' fantasies are unrealistic.  That much is certainly true.

But he doesn't address his bullet point of being powerless without a gun.  And he really should have, because that's the only meat in this whole article.

He claims in the introduction that he still owns a few guns.  Okay.  Why is that?  Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'd suspect he either A) still likes shooting or B) realizes that guns are practical tools for which there's no other substitute when you're faced with a rare but life-endangering situation (or both).

So back to being powerless without a gun...

Fact is, lots of people are.  The elderly, the handicapped, etc.  But you don't even have to be in one of those categories.  Maybe you are a healthy adult male, but the bad guy brought his friends.  What do you do without a gun?

Gun owners believe that they're powerless (relatively speaking) without guns - because that statement is true.  And that's a situation they don't wish to find themselves in, and so they own guns.  It's pretty simple, really.  The author even says he still owns guns.  The point rather makes itself.

So why does he support gun control?  What does gun control do?  It disarms the poor and inconveniences the law abiding.  It does exactly the opposite of what the author claims he wants to do - which, near as I can tell, has to do with getting people to behave more politely when discussing and carrying firearms.

I mean, the whole article basically shorthands to, "I don't like neckbeards."  Which, fine, I'm not real fond of them either.  Yet he's using that personal distaste as justification to support policies that harm innocent people, while he himself remains protected.

Aside from the obvious conclusion - that screwing others from a position of safety based upon a personal dislike of how other people enjoy their freedom is what ALL gun grabbers do - I also want to point out that by setting himself up in opposition of "gun culture" (as much as such a thing even exists), he's actually removed himself from any position where he could actually act to fix the problem as he's identified it.

Neckbeards aren't going to listen to a gun grabber, but they may listen to someone who's on their side.  If this guy wants people to be polite and not talk about crazy conspiracy theories, he's picked the exact opposite way of convincing them to do that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2a636no.png
View Quote

Have'nt you heard they can be converted into real guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33TX-vthUI

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#50]
we have Crossdressers on Arfcom that are more Alpha.
let that sink in for a minute.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top