Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2002 10:19:41 AM EDT
I recently signed up to compete in a 3 Gun Match.

I'm planning on shooting the following weapons:

Beretta M9

RRA 16" Carbine

Mossberg 590

I'm planning on outfitting the M9 with a standard issue Bianchi holster, Bianchi issue 4 mag pouch and 5 hi-caps.

I'm planning on outfitting the RRA carbine with a SpecOps buttstock mag pouch and HK-like tactical sling.

I just bouch a Blackhawk 20 round belt ammo pouch and sling for the riot gun.

What else do I need?

How should I dress?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

What else do I need?

How should I dress?
View Quote

Make a great 1st impression, wear a pink TuTu and your Superman cape.  [:o)]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually I was worried that my pink tutu and Superman cape might clash with my leopard skin pattern AR...

WTF?  This is EXACTLY the kind of helpful and technical guidance that keeps me coming back to ar15.com.[BD]

Now, more specifically:  

A) What kind of load bearing rig do I need?  I have a duffle bag full of my old TA-50.  Should I wear an LBV or an LBE?

B) Can I wear BDU pants, or is it more appropriate to wear jeans?

C)  Will my Bianchi M9 rig work?  Or should I get another holster?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
No need to buy anything special. The one I shot in they made it simple. One weapon at a time, if you have time practice with the shotgun. Watching other's go through it I could see that's where they lost in time and hit's. Main thing is have fun and be safe. They are really fun matches.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I've shot high power, skeet and trap - but the three gun match is new.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually I was worried that my pink tutu and Superman cape might clash with my leopard skin pattern AR...

WTF?  This is EXACTLY the kind of helpful and technical guidance that keeps me coming back to ar15.com.[BD]

Now, more specifically:  

A) What kind of load bearing rig do I need?  I have a duffle bag full of my old TA-50.  Should I wear an LBV or an LBE?

B) Can I wear BDU pants, or is it more appropriate to wear jeans?

C)  Will my Bianchi M9 rig work?  Or should I get another holster?
View Quote

No offense, but if you show at any match I am in - you really better be able to shoot looking like that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have shot in one three gun match, I would of shot in more but they keep schedualing them on my weekends to work. I shot it with my Glock 22 (5 10 rounders) My Bushmaster 20 inch H-bar I used to 30 round mags Taped together and my Benelli Nova 12 guage. I carried my Glock 22, in a fobus holster with 2 double mag holders. and I brought a belt that held 25 shot gun shell. Most of the stages were start with shot in point A, Used your rifle From here, and pistol from over there. We carried our pistol with us everywhere and our shotguns and rifles were on racks where we shot from. We needed a variety of loads for our shot gun, I used Remington STS #7 target loads (They are low recoil and hold a pattern good., Remington Low recoil slugs, (it was funny watching people use 1 1/8 once Rottweil slugs) and I think I used Federal 00 Buck. Wear a hot becuase I was outside for almost 8 hours in MAY and I got burned bad. Use this a learning seesion for the next one. But I think the most important rule is to HAVE FUN.

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]
The USPSA has info. for newbies..

[url]http://www.uspsa.org/intro_equipment.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top