Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2011 6:19:53 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/11/22/three-americans-detained-in-cairo-clashes/?test=latestnews

Three Americans Detained in Cairo Clashes

Three young Americans were reportedly arrested in Cairo on suspicion of throwing Molotov cocktails at security forces during ongoing protests.

Egyptian state TV showed footage of the three young men who were reportedly arrested Monday near Tahrir Square after being accused of taking part in street battles with security forces.

The US embassy in Cairo was unable to confirm the arrests but said it was aware of the reports.

"There have been a number of reports of Americans being detained, and we are currently looking into that," David Lynfield, a spokesman at the embassy told NewsCore.

The Americans were enrolled at the American University in Cairo....

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess they were confused and thought they were at an OWS protest.

This will not end well for them.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Stupid games, stupid prizes. Could have just as easily have been gunned down in the street by the popo.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure they were just headed to Disney World and accidentally got on the wrong flight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sure they were just headed to Disney World and accidentally got on the wrong flight.

I was in Greece, walking around constitution square, when a protest cropped up. Riot police moved in in huge fucking buses. I unassed the area as fast as I could. Scared the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in Greece, walking around constitution square, when a protest cropped up. Riot police moved in in huge fucking buses. I unassed the area as fast as I could. Scared the shit out of me.

Was wondering if they were Berkley punks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top