Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 1:12:50 PM EDT
I have a question about 30cal.(30-06) military ammo. I have just come across alot of 30cal in Grand clips and linked belt. I have red tips, orange tips, and black tips. I figure black is armor piercing and red is tracer. What is orange?pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/militiamedic2000/detail?.dir=ce53&.dnm=a657.jpg

Thanks for your help......Kevin

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Tang dipped rounds, raises vitamin c levels before death.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Alternate tracer color

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/30.htm
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What headstamp is it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The majority is LC stamped there is some SL/LS and some TW. The funny thing about this whole thing is that i've been going through some of my grandpa's ammo. I found all this hiding in the bottoms of 30 cal cans. Something else I found was 800 rnd of 7.62 NATO blanks linked for M60.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top