Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2015 2:44:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:44:50 PM EDT
We did this already.

The town has tried warning and fining the company involved, and they still kept picking up the trash at illegal times.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:47:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:50:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:53:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:00:38 PM EDT
What a travesty. How is that even legal to charge an employee for a company's malfeasance that he probably knew nothing about? The guy was doing his job.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:26:43 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macpherson:
What a travesty. How is that even legal to charge an employee for a company's malfeasance that he probably knew nothing about? The guy was doing his job.

View Quote

Can you charge a truck driver with speeding or do you have to charge his company?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:37:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Snips:

Can you charge a truck driver with speeding or do you have to charge his company?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

the company probably never told the drivers of their trucks to exceed the speed limit. when to pick up the trash? more likely.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:38:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:40:23 PM EDT

View All Quotes

While we're comparing apples to zucchini, when a cop messes up can we make the cop personally pay out in a civil suit or do we have to charge the taxpayer?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:41:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By astro_wanabe:

While we're comparing apples to zucchini, when a cop messes up can we make the cop personally pay out in a civil suit or do we have to charge the taxpayer?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By astro_wanabe:

Special legal protection for cops. Do you believe garbage employees should have the same protections for their actions?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:52:19 PM EDT
Sounds kinda 8th amendmenty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:55:02 PM EDT
Driver probably clueless. He was just told "Pick up that Can"
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:57:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:59:22 PM EDT
Is Yahoo just reporting this today when we all knew about days ago?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:59:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:

The Constitution? That old thing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
Originally Posted By LowBeta:
Sounds kinda 8th amendmenty.

The Constitution? That old thing?

Not sure how going to the local jail on the weekends for 30 days would be considered cruel punishment to be begin with.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:02:48 PM EDT
City suspends jail sentence for sanitation worker who picked up too early

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. —

UPDATE: The city of Sandy Springs has suspended the jail sentence for sanitation worker Kevin McGill. The city posted the following statement:

"There are times when taking a step back provides the opportunity for better perspective. In retrospect, the actions of the court with regards to Mr. McGill’s sentence for violating the city’s noise laws, was disproportionate to a first-time offense. As such, the court has amended its sentence to time served and further probation suspended.

WSB
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:04:29 PM EDT
Could it be some sort of safety issue with too much traffic?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:06:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gunham:
Could it be some sort of safety issue with too much traffic?
View Quote

No, pretty sure it's because it's noisy.

But hey, that's federalism. Delegate authority to the lowest level and let them make regs like this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 4:12:03 PM EDT by mostpeople]
Think about what they are doing, think about this for a second. They are depriving this man of his liberty and freedom for doing his job early. Because doing his job early cost someone a few winks? HE PICKS UP THEIR SHIT, THEY SEND HIM TO JAIL.

SOME DUDE IS GOING TO JAIL BECAUSE HE WOKE SOMEONE UP WHILE PICKING UP THEIR SHIT.

Now, if I were a trashman, I would strike. In fact ALL of the trash picker uppers should strike until his "conviction" is removed. I would say fine him if it really is that big of a deal. I mean the dude picks up your shit after all.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 4:13:50 PM EDT by QuanticoTactical]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 4:14:47 PM EDT by Snips]
Originally Posted By mostpeople:
Think about what they are doing, think about this for a second. They are depriving this man of his liberty and freedom for doing his job early. Because doing his job early cost someone a few winks? HE PICKS UP THEIR SHIT, THEY SEND HIM TO JAIL.

SOME DUDE IS GOING TO JAIL BECAUSE HE WOKE SOMEONE UP WHILE PICKING UP THEIR SHIT.

Now, if I were a trashman, I would strike. In fact ALL of the trash picker uppers should strike until his "conviction" is removed. I would say fine him if it really is that big of a deal. I mean the dude picks up your shit after all.

View Quote

They tried fining the company.
The company kept violating the law.

It's not like this was the first thing they tried...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:17:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:21:01 PM EDT
I knew a sanitation guy, and the deal is they do their routes in 4 to 5 hours and get paid for 8. Also, if they have to a fill in route, too. OT.

They started at 3 or 4 am, too. The less exposure to traffic the better.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 4:26:06 PM EDT by mostpeople]

View All Quotes

Ok so hes going to jail because his company didn't pay a fine?

Theres a way this is supposed to work. Fine the company until either A. They comply or B. Go bankrupt. If the employee is warned and continues to break city ordinance he should be fired.

But sending someone to jail over this? Thats like sending the cakemaker to jail because he or she wouldnt make a cake for the gay guys getting married.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:26:35 PM EDT

Theres a way this is supposed to work. Fine the company until either A. They comply or B. Go bankrupt. If the employee is warned and continues to break city ordinance he should be fired.

But sending someone to jail over this?
View All Quotes

But sending someone to jail over this?

No, the company paid all the fines. And kept breaking the law. The city has moved on to this tactic out of desperation because fining didn't work.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:28:20 PM EDT
Fine more, god damn is this that hard.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:50:30 PM EDT
View Quote

Or, here's a crazy idea, don't help your company violate a contract that goes against the city and resident's tolerance.

Yeah, the employee is paying a harsh price, but bullshit that a single one of them wasn't aware that they have a minimum start time, ESPECIALLY after the fines started rolling in. If they refuse to leave early and violate that contract, and the employer fires them, they have a great case for wrongful termination.

Bet everyone is paying attention now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:58:31 PM EDT
View Quote

Let's hope the company doesn't take away 30 days of PTO.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:44:21 PM EDT

But sending someone to jail over this? Thats like sending the cakemaker to jail because he or she wouldnt make a cake for the gay guys getting married.
View All Quotes

No, he's going to jail for breaking the law.
The reason they decided to prosecute was that fining the company did not get their employees to obey the law.
I bet the rest of them will start following the law now...
Top Top