Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 12:01:58 PM EDT
Just got my new Bushmaster Shorty 16" Post-Ban and I can't wait to shoot thing!  Dumb Question--Will I draw stares at the NRA HQ range tomorrow when I shoot 30 round mags in my Post-Ban weapon?  That's not illegal, is it?  Somehow I get the impression that only a 10 round mag is legal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no federal law against 30rnd mags, but some states (New Jersey, Kalifornia) have laws about the posession and/or transfer of "high-capacity ammunition feeding devices".  NRA HQ?  Virginia?  You're OK.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There is no federal law against 30rnd mags, but some states (New Jersey, Kalifornia) have laws about the posession and/or transfer of "high-capacity ammunition feeding devices".  NRA HQ?  Virginia?  You're OK.
View Quote

There is no law against possessing or using them in California.  You can't import, manufacture, or transfer (sell, give away, lend, etc.) anything that holds over 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Mr. Pete,

I believe you are good to go.  If you get glares at the range, it's probably jealousy.  Also, if you want to avoid laughter, make sure you don't sport that T-shirt you wear every time you go to the beach; you know, the one that says "I'D KILL FLIPPER FOR A TUNA-FISH SANDWICH!".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top