Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:50:02 AM EDT
Just watched 30 Days of Night and while these weren't real zombies, I realized the threat could come from vampires as well. These suckers were fast, strong, and smart when compared to your basic zed and requires a different stratagy. It was clear that the best kill came from a close-range shotgun blast totaly destroying the head.

Need to buy more 00 and finish the safe-room.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I am big on vampire flicks and thought that one was one of the better ones I've ever seen.  (Nothing beats Embrace of the Vampire with Alyssa Milano).
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Good show
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I give it 9 out of 10 for vampire flicks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a Zombie thread. No vampire crap aloud. Go make a vampire thread. I knew it was a matter of time., but I have to agree nothing beats "Embrace of the Vampire"
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is a Zombie thread. No vampire crap aloud. Go make a vampire thread. I knew it was a matter of time., but I have to agree nothing beats "Embrace of the Vampire"

wasn't that allissa milano? i'd hit it, even if she was dead or undead...

and knock off this vampire crap, this is a zombie forum. and 30 days of night blew anyway(besides vampires like zombies should freeze solid, generating no body heat of their own. the wole movie was flawed from the premis on). it was bloody, but it just plain sucked...

K.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:wasn't that allissa milano?

Naked girl on girl vampire action with Alyssa Milano, who could ask for anything more?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Fearnet actually did two shorts that were a prelude to this movie, talking about a network of hunters tracking the movements of the vampire groups. 30 days of night: dust to dust, it's a really good watch if you enjoyed the movie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Everybody knows that Vampires aren't real. This is a zombie forum for discussing a REAL threat, Zombies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
there are more real vampires than zombies my good sir!

And real vampires are more vulnerable to a 5.56 round than a stake to the heart... although both are just as fatal I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked it. Pretty cool idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That was a pretty good flick, but I thought it was lame that there was not any really well-armed citizens, where are the ARFCOMMers?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Everybody knows that Vampires aren't real. This is a zombie forum for discussing a REAL threat, Zombies.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:That was a pretty good flick, but I thought it was lame that there was not any really well-armed citizens, where are the ARFCOMMers?

You'd think that folks that lived in that environment would be better armed than just an O/U shotgun.

Other than that I thought it was a pretty cool idea and it is one of my favorite vampire movies.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:That was a pretty good flick, but I thought it was lame that there was not any really well-armed citizens, where are the ARFCOMMers?

You'd think that folks that lived in that environment would be better armed than just an O/U shotgun.

Other than that I thought it was a pretty cool idea and it is one of my favorite vampire movies.

Why would they be better armed? Your greatest danger, aside from vampires, would be a polar bear and they are rather rare around the towns. Firearms are great, but they don't defend very well against snow, ice, and hypothermia.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I've never been there but I guess I assumed there were grizzlies and wolves and stuff.  Is that too far north for those animals?  Plus I'd been given the impression that a lot of people in the wilder areas of Alaska tend to do a lot of hunting and other outdoor stuff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Zombies infect with bites.

Vampires infect with bites.

Zombies are people who have risen from the dead.

Vampires are people who have risen from the dead.

Zombies like sinking their teeth into people.

Vampires like sinking their teeth into people.

Both hunt you relentlessly, and most who resist them die anyhow.

Face facts, vampires are just "high functioning zombies".
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Great film.  I enjoyed the shot where the camera pans up and you see all the confused running and muzzle flashes....
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Naked girl on girl vampire action with Alyssa Milano, who could ask for anything more?

Yup...best damn flick I have ever seen....F@&$ Interview with a Vampire....LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Zombies infect with bites.

Vampires infect with bites.

Zombies are people who have risen from the dead.

Vampires are people who have risen from the dead.

Zombies like sinking their teeth into people.

Vampires like sinking their teeth into people.

Both hunt you relentlessly, and most who resist them die anyhow.

Face facts, vampires are just "high functioning zombies".
Nah...Zombies go uuuuhhhhuuuuuhhhaaaaaa and are not quick or smart.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#21]
awesome movie concept and it was pretty good until the ending. The last fight was uber gay
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/Eroc1911/southpark.jpg

That was a pretty good flick, but I thought it was lame that there was not any really well-armed citizens, where are the ARFCOMMers?

They were all probably in a Gun Show.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've never been there but I guess I assumed there were grizzlies and wolves and stuff.  Is that too far north for those animals?  Plus I'd been given the impression that a lot of people in the wilder areas of Alaska tend to do a lot of hunting and other outdoor stuff.

It's on the most northern tip of Alaska.  No trees, no wolves, and no bears.  If you're a white man then you are a minority.  They generally don't like the white man.  

I liked how in the movie every one was white.  Obviously nobody went to the real town for research.

-Arbiter
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

HUH!?

Now I got to find that movie.  Vegas has shows like that.  Beautiful bisexual vampire females on stag.

-Arbiter
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's on the most northern tip of Alaska.  No trees, no wolves, and no bears.  If you're a white man then you are a minority.  They generally don't like the white man.  

I liked how in the movie every one was white.  Obviously nobody went to the real town for research.

-Arbiter

Alright then, I guess I proved once again the old saying about assuming.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Arbiter

Alright then, I guess I proved once again the old saying about assuming.

Although there are polar bears that come in with the ice pack when winter rolls in Sept.

-Arbiter
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Its a good flick. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:45:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Went to high school with a guy from Alaska.  Told me just about everybody up there is packing some type of firearm.  For example: nearest State Trooper might be a plane ride away (hours).  No police, people need a way to protect themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top