BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 4:25:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/12/david_warren_testifies_in_his.html

I didn't realize Warren (the officer) shot Glover (the victim) with what sounds like was a scoped Sig from a 2nd floor balcony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Henry_Glover

View Quote

looter?.. don't give a flying fuck, civil rights violation?... umm ya whatever obama's doj in action again   fuck him
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Speechless....I don't know what to say....
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL some asswipe on on one of the SF forums claimed Chris Kyle shot hundereds of people after Katrina.

I noticed he never replied to my comments.

View Quote

Wat?

Wow.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

. . . . . . . Warren (the officer) shot Glover (the victim) with what sounds like was a scoped Sig from a 2nd floor balcony

View Quote

That sounds like a story line from the board game Clue.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
This is what, four 'bad cop' threads in GD this morning?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I knew there was a reason I decided to halt my application to the pre-Katrina NOPD.  My hometown.  Sigh.

I mean, it's nice of the officers to take on cremation work, but surely they should do that on their personal time.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I knew there was a reason I decided to halt my application to the pre-Katrina NOPD.
View Quote

Only one reason?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Light day, eh ?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Only one reason?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew there was a reason I decided to halt my application to the pre-Katrina NOPD.

Only one reason?

Let's see.  In the pre-Katrina NOPD:

Starting pay was under $30 K a year - this was late 2003.
You had to live in the city limits - common to police departments, but NO's public schools suck, so you'll have to put the kids through Catholic school on a cop's salary.
After the 9 month academy, you had to work 3 years, or owe NO $36,000 pro-rated.  Not too long worked w/ a gal who'd been harassed in the Dallas PD Academy.  She graduated & quit the next day.  Didn't owe a dime.  And before folks jump & say she wasn't being singled out, she was one of the most level-headed sailors I knew @ the time, & instead of starting work as a cop, started her Master's degree instead.  She was married w/ two kids.  Dallas lost a good cop.

I bolted on the $36K.  My intention was to go back to my hometown & work through the probationary period.  Then decide if I was enjoying my hometown & police work, & make a decision @ that point.  Wasn't going to commit to training & end up my notoriously corrupt hometown more than my annual salary.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You had to live in the city limits - common to police departments, but NO's public schools suck, so you'll have to put the kids through Catholic school on a cop's salary.
After the 9 month academy, you had to work 3 years, or owe NO $36,000 pro-rated.  Not too long worked w/ a gal who'd been harassed in the Dallas PD Academy.  She graduated & quit the next day.  Didn't owe a dime.  And before folks jump & say she wasn't being singled out, she was one of the most level-headed sailors I knew @ the time, & instead of starting work as a cop, started her Master's degree instead.  She was married w/ two kids.  Dallas lost a good cop.
I bolted on the $36K.  My intention was to go back to my hometown & work through the probationary period.  Then decide if I was enjoying my hometown & police work, & make a decision @ that point.  Wasn't going to commit to training & end up my notoriously corrupt hometown more than my annual salary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one reason?

Oh I don't blame you. The stories I hear about NOPD make my head spin and I worked for NYPD, the previous undisputed champion of LE herp and derp.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Considering Danziger Bridge, you never know who anything from that time is going to turn out.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Extorris, let me illustrate my hometown by having us visit a neighborhood bar to do our laundry.  There's a few washer dryers in the back & one of my great joys in life is to ask for a roll of quarters & a gin & tonic.  Let us drink our gin & tonic while doing laundry, & then gaze up @ the lit Exit sign a few feet away.  Let's watch the barmaid walk up to the former fire safety exit door now liquor cabinet & open the deadbolt w/ a key on her keyring.

New Orleans is a town in which the fire marshall can, and is, bribed by small time barkeeps to turn their emergency exit into a liquor cabinet, AND they get to leave the lit EXIT sign above a deadbolted door.

Katrina flooded New Orleans not because of a failure by the Army Corps of Engineers, but by a long-time civic culture that truly is about letting the good times roll, damn all else.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Some guy wrote an article after Chris Kyle died claiming he shot hundereds of people near the Super Dome.

I called bullshit on him. Only about 32 people total came to the morgue with gun shot wounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL some asswipe on on one of the SF forums claimed Chris Kyle shot hundereds of people after Katrina.

Wat?

Wow.

Some guy wrote an article after Chris Kyle died claiming he shot hundereds of people near the Super Dome.

I called bullshit on him. Only about 32 people total came to the morgue with gun shot wounds.

You don't take the burned ashes of the bodies to the morgue.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wat?

Wow.

The rest were hid by the DOD in mass graves according to Cynthia Mckinney.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only 32?  Typical day in NOLA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Everyone needs to remember that eventually the crisis/disaster/riot/civil disorder  will pass and lots of judgments will come down as our society is fairly partisan. If the officer involved simply shot Glover and said that he saw a gun, or that Glover had shot first and that Glover's weapon disappeared in the chaos he probably never would have been charged, and certainly not convicted.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone needs to remember that eventually the crisis/disaster/riot/civil disorder  will pass and lots of judgments will come down as our society is fairly partisan. If the officer involved simply shot Glover and said that he saw a gun, or that Glover had shot first and that Glover's weapon disappeared in the chaos he probably never would have been charged, and certainly not convicted.
View Quote

Then it makes one wonder why they felt they had to "cover it up" then....
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat?

Wow.

WTF did that dipshit think post-Katrina NOLA was like?  Call of Duty?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

looter?.. don't give a flying fuck, civil rights violation?... umm ya whatever obama's doj in action again   fuck him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize Warren (the officer) shot Glover (the victim) with what sounds like was a scoped Sig from a 2nd floor balcony

This scumbag would not even be getting a second trial if people from Holders DOJ had not been commenting on the articles at NOLA.com! Hopefully this time he gets more then 25 years!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Isn't there an allegation that Glover was still alive but the officers who burned his body actually finished him off?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Isn't there an allegation that Glover was still alive but the officers who burned his body actually finished him off?
View Quote

I have heard that as well but who knows. It would not surprise me if it were true.

Five of the Danziger cops are getting a new trial  as well so we have to relive that shit again too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's a slow day...

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On the off chance he shot a guy he thought had a handgun with a scoped rifle but could not make out whether there was a handgun or not, but was still close enough, anyway you know what I mean  

I think he did get a new trial because he was tried in the same case as the cops who burnt the body, which does seem like prejudicial error if he had nothing to do with that part of the man's murder/disposal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the attempt to coverup that gets these guys.

The shoot may or may not have been good (I don't know anything other than the attached article) but the coverup will screw you every time.
On the off chance he shot a guy he thought had a handgun with a scoped rifle but could not make out whether there was a handgun or not, but was still close enough, anyway you know what I mean  

I think he did get a new trial because he was tried in the same case as the cops who burnt the body, which does seem like prejudicial error if he had nothing to do with that part of the man's murder/disposal

Correct.  The appeals court acknowledged, unlike the crew from the first trial, that Warren had no knowledge of the treatment of the body, and the folks who burned the body had no knowledge about Warren having shot someone.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh I don't blame you. The stories I hear about NOPD make my head spin and I worked for NYPD, the previous undisputed champion of LE herp and derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one reason?

But triple the salary
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat?

Wow.

Chris Kyle would never have played Call of Duty... He was surely a Battlefield man...

Only place that would have worse results from a hurricane is Detroit. Thankfully geography doesn't support that scenario.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:49:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one reason?

Sir I respectfully submit the LAPD or most any Cali LE.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:05:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Pretty sure this story made it into Treme... Great show if you are a music lover.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top