BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 5:47:27 PM EDT
Phone call for Johnny Cochran...

Model, 2, sues city for lost wages after cutting head on playground

Associated Press
Posted December 26 2003, 10:01 AM EST

STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 2-year-old model and actor who cut his head at a playground is seeking unspecified lost wages and other compensation from the city.

Konrad Mader of Greenwich was running toward a treehouse at a playground Nov. 4 when he crashed into a railing, according to a claim filed last week by his mother and reported Friday by The Advocate of Stamford. The blond toddler received several stitches. Deena Mader, the boy's mother, did not specify how much she is seeking on behalf of her son.

In a letter to officials, she demanded compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and a ``lost wage amount due to his inability to audition or take modeling or commercial jobs while his head heals.''

Mader blamed the boy's injury on a green railing, which she said blends in with the landscaping. Mader said the railing should be painted a brighter color.

``This accident was preventable had the railings and safety measures been correct at this park, `` Mader wrote in her claim.

Tom Cassone, the city's director of legal affairs, said his office is investigating the claim.

Joe Falzone, a facilities manager in charge of maintaining city parks, said he is not aware of defects in the playground and there are no plans to make changes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:50:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2003 5:51:13 PM EDT by DoubleFeed]
Children will run sometimes run into objects, no matter what color they are.  They haven't been bloodied, so they don't know to look.
Konrad, however, will probably start looking.

ETA - somebody needs to sue mom, for violating the Child Labor Act [:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:54:24 PM EDT
If that terrible equipment was so obviously dangerous, shouldn't she be charged with child endangerement for allowing little Sparky to play there?  Makes as much sense to me.  Someone make out a warrant.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:03:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 95thFoot:
The blond toddler received several stitches. Deena Mader, the boy's mother, did not specify how much she is seeking on behalf of her son.
View Quote

I first read it as '[b]blind[/b] toddler'.  I thought: 'No shit he ran into the railing!'[:D].  Mom needs to get a life, and a job.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:26:51 PM EDT
This is an outrage!!! why didnt the railing have strobe lites??
          FREE
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:34:20 PM EDT
Maybe they could countersue his mom for child labor.  [:D]

If this doesn't get throw out of court, then I'll lose whatever tiny shreds of faith I have left in the legal system.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:30:59 PM EDT
I really hate the whole child actor/model/beauty pagent crap. Hey i got a bright idea lets take a kid and make them think the world revolves around them and turn them loose!
Top Top