Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 2:23:29 PM EDT
my name is Jason and i have a firearms addiction problem.  last show i got an aimpoint and another AR lower (complete) and today i came home with a yugo m48 mauser.  i'm quitting cold turkey.  i swear.  seriously..no more guns, well, at least til the pss comes in that i have on special order.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Jason, I know the feeling. I should just empty my pockets at the door. One walk through the show has a vacume effect on my pockets. But I really NEED what I buy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
as much as you are gonna luv that mauser...go buy an m-39 finnish mosin-nagant. what a tack driver!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
i need a riser for the aimpoint ($100) i owe $128 left on the PSS, then i'll need a scope, a bipod, and a nice case..i need a bayonet for the mauser an upper for my other lower...heheheh.  i can't make the money fast enough.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Mmmm..mosin nagant.  i was checking out an enfield jungle carbine a few months ago too.  still need a garand to um, complete the collection.  oh, and a 1911.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i'm quitting cold turkey.  i swear.  seriously..no more guns, quote]

BITE YOUR TOUNG!!!!

i dont wanna hear this nonsense anymore!

got it!?!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats funny.  I just told my wife that I wasnt going to buy any more guns because after this Mil-Spec Operator 1911 I would virtually have a complete collection.  Well........ I forgot that I want a Remington 700 Sendaro in 300 win mag, and a 20" AR, and a SBR AR, then I need suppressors, did I mention that I want a pistol caliber AR, oh and of course what collection would be complete without a .50, Hrrmmmm some optics for the new 700 would be nice, man I need some hard cases, Knights RAS system would be nice too.

She said later that I could have as many as I want as long as they would fit in the safe.  I dont think the second level apartment floor will hold the safe I need [:)]

She's going to kill me!!! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
That is funny, when I was in college I had a bit of a firearms problem too.  In the first 3 years of college, I managed to rack up about $12,000 in firearms debt -on my credit cards- which was probably not a good idea because I didn't have a job at the time.  Spent alot of time paying that addiction off and limiting myself to just a moderate amount of spending per year.  Had a cool collection though...
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Inferno, I need an Aimpoint mount for my flat-top M4gery also. Why can't they ship the right mount *with* the sight? $100+ for the correct part is a rip. That, and a visible laser, is the last part I need to complete my rifle.

Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
 $700 ??????????  Your state must be different...we have a $1500 minimum at Ohio shows.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
actually i spent around 6-700 at one show (i didn't include accessories and etc) and then spent 200 on the yugo..a 'friend' loaned me the money so i wouldn't have to go to the bank to get it.  so that's where my tax return went, i figured it's a good trade off for the sh_t jobs i worked last year.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is it that I always need to spend money at a gunshow to justify the ticket price?  I know the feeling, inferno.  Like buying twice as much of something I don't really need just because it's on sale. . .
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is funny, when I was in college I had a bit of a firearms problem too.  In the first 3 years of college, I managed to rack up about $12,000 in firearms debt -on my credit cards- which was probably not a good idea because I didn't have a job at the time.  Spent alot of time paying that addiction off and limiting myself to just a moderate amount of spending per year.  Had a cool collection though...
View Quote

Eesh, I'm in the same mess (in college, gun addiction).  Spent like 5,000 in the gun store last year alone (bullets and guns).  Had the money to back it up but just enough.  Always spent what I earned basically.  Only stopped buying now because there are no sales right now that I like and I'm trying to save up for a laptop...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top