Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2011 2:20:08 AM EDT
Anybody know who makes something like this and how much it would cost? It is for use ina flashlight since 123 batteries are expensive.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If your light was designed for CR123 batteries, use CR123 batteries. If you want a AA light buy one. There are plenty of good ones out there to choose from.

Even if there was such a contraption, your light wouldn't work or be very bright on one 1.5 volt AA when it needs two 3 volt CR123s.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If your light was designed for CR123 batteries, use CR123 batteries. If you want a AA light buy one. There are plenty of good ones out there to choose from.

Even if there was such a contraption, your light wouldn't work or be very bright on one 1.5 volt AA when it needs two 3 volt CR123s.

this

rechargeable 123 cells, or 18650 cells may be an option, what is the flashlight?

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
There are many well performing AA lights on the market. I picked up one that is rated at 140 lumens because I was tired of going through so many CR123 batteries. I still maintain my CR123 lights for home defense, but now I use my AA light more for general use. I think I paid 30 bucks for it at one of the box stores. Try one out.

eta: This is the AA light I bought. Looks like it may not be available now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

this

rechargeable 123 cells, or 18650 cells may be an option, what is the flashlight?

Just a cheappy flashlight. I guess I'll just toss it and get a aa model. Thanks for the replies.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

this

Just a cheappy flashlight. I guess I'll just toss it and get a aa model. Thanks for the replies.

You should check out Fenix or 4sevens for some very nice AA lights.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Anybody know who makes something like this and how much it would cost? It is for use ina flashlight since 123 batteries are expensive.

Thanks.

Rechargeable cells are the way to go. Check Batteryjunction, good deal on two cells w/charger.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#7]
This one is 1*AA/1*AAA/1*CR123A. They have others that may suit your needs.  I've ordered a few times from them and they ship slow, but they do arrive.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]

My Fenix P2Ds can be converted to use 2xAA and 1xAA, which is nice for extended power outages I'm not sure if Fenix offers tubes for their newer models.

Also CR123s are about $1.5 a piece of you know where to look.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a NiteCore D10 for the same reason. 123s are expensive.

I can use the NiMH rechargables that I have used for years with my cameras.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:22:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quark 2-AA tactical $69

I EDC the single cell version.  Use it at least once every 3 days and it has been flawless for over a year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top