Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/29/2010 12:57:23 AM EDT
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/tampa-police-officers-shot-062910

TAMPA - FOX 13 has learned that two Tampa police officers have been shot in the line of duty.

It happened during a traffic stop at 50th Street and 34th Avenue at 2:15 a.m. Tuesday.

Neither officer has been identified. They were taken to Tampa General Hospital and police say both are "very critical."

There is a search for two suspects, a man and a woman. The woman is believed to have been the driver and the male the passenger, who police say was the shooter. Detectives say they are looking for a black male, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, wearing brown shorts and a white tee shirt.

The vehicle is believed to be a 1994 maroon or red Toyota Camry.

Hillsborough deputies are assisting Tampa police with the manhunt for the suspects, using helicopters, K-9 units, and foot crews in the area.

Police have shut down 50th Street from I-4 to Martin Luther King Blvd.

Anyone with information is asked to call Tampa police or the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be real nice if police could kill criminals at random.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/tampa-police-officers-shot-062910

TAMPA - FOX 13 has learned that two Tampa police officers have been shot in the line of duty.

It happened during a traffic stop at 50th Street and 34th Avenue at 2:15 a.m. Tuesday.

Neither officer has been identified. They were taken to Tampa General Hospital and police say both are "very critical."

There is a search for two suspects, a man and a woman. The woman is believed to have been the driver and the male the passenger, who police say was the shooter. Detectives say they are looking for a black male, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, wearing brown shorts and a white tee shirt.

The vehicle is believed to be a 1994 maroon or red Toyota Camry.

Hillsborough deputies are assisting Tampa police with the manhunt for the suspects, using helicopters, K-9 units, and foot crews in the area.

Police have shut down 50th Street from I-4 to Martin Luther King Blvd.

Anyone with information is asked to call Tampa police or the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

That is some sad irony right there.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've just been informed that one of the officers has died.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
More info

Two Tampa, Florida police officers were shot, one fatally, during a routine traffic stop Tuesday morning, authorities said.
Officer Jeffrey Kocab, 31, died following the shooting at about 2:15 a.m. ET near downtown Tampa, said police spokeswoman Laura McElroy. The second officer, David Curtis, 31, was on life support, she said.

Kocab has been with Tampa police for 14 months, McElroy said. He leaves behind a wife who is nine months pregnant.
Curtis is married and has four sons ranging from 8 months to 9 years old, McElroy said. He has been with the agency for three years and eight months.

A massive manhunt was under way for the shooting suspect. Police were searching for a red 1994 Toyota Camry connected to the shooting and an African-American male and female, McElroy said. The male was described as being in his mid- to late 20s and weighing about 150 to 170 pounds. He is thought to be wearing brown shorts and a white T-shirt, McElroy said. No description was available for the woman.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/29/florida.police.shot/index.html

Prayers for the families.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
<so many CoC violations, I can't even start to comment on this one>
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope Officer Curtis recovers fully.

Condolences to the family and friends of Officer Kocab.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
That is terrible news....Prayers to the families!
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe polk couty sheriff dept will catch them and suddenly have to do mags dumps into those fucksticks
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
maybe polk couty sheriff dept will catch them and suddenly have to do mags dumps into those fucksticks

What does Polk County have to do with it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent  my brothers
D.Rodriguez Retired Tampa Police Officer
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because when the Polk Co SO got a cop killer tracked into the brush he started shooting.  They responded with a WWI scale fusilade.

Buh-bye to one more savage.

Link to old story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216898,00.html

"Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said he was not concerned by the number
of shots fired.

"You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a
deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9 and he shot and injured
another deputy," Judd said by phone Saturday. "Quite frankly, we weren't
taking any chances."

Ten SWAT officers surrounded Freeland on Friday as he hid
beneath brush and a fallen tree in a rural area. Authorities say he
raised the gun belonging to the deputy he had killed, prompting nine
officers to fire.

"I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired
was that's all the ammunition they had," Judd said. "We were not going
to take any chance of him shooting back."

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been listening to the news all morning, sounds like they should have the suspects shortly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I've been listening to the news all morning, sounds like they should have the suspects shortly.

Hope they resist.  And hope they expire painfully.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I just heard word that the second officer has passed away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#18]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:01:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Both officers are dead, if I understand correctly one is being kept on life support temporarily for organ donation reasons.

May they rest in peace.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My God.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Because when the Polk Co SO got a cop killer tracked into the brush he started shooting.  They responded with a WWI scale fusilade.

Buh-bye to one more savage.

Link to old story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216898,00.html

"Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said he was not concerned by the number of shots fired.

"You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9 and he shot and injured another deputy," Judd said by phone Saturday. "Quite frankly, we weren't taking any chances."

Ten SWAT officers surrounded Freeland on Friday as he hid beneath brush and a fallen tree in a rural area. Authorities say he raised the gun belonging to the deputy he had killed, prompting nine officers to fire.

"I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had," Judd said. "We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back."

that.. and thanks for clarifying it :)  and the fact that they are next door to Tampa maybe those fucks will run that way
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#23]
For the locals:

Hillsborough deputies are helping search for the Camry's occupants. The driver is a black female. The passenger is a black man in his mid- to late 20s. He's about 5-foot-10 and 150 to 170 pounds. He has a 1-inch afro and was last seen wearing brown shorts, a white shirt, a black vestand white sneakers,

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:08:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For the locals:

Hillsborough deputies are helping search for the Camry's occupants. The driver is a black female. The passenger is a black man in his mid- to late 20s. He's about 5-foot-10 and 150 to 170 pounds. He has a 1-inch afro and was last seen wearing brown shorts, a white shirt, a black vestand white sneakers,

I'll keep an eye out, I have some running around to do this morning for parts. Freakin thunderstorms cooked a bunch of my UPS's again.

By the way, Grady Judd is probably one of the best Sheriffs in the country.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Going into Tampa in a few minutes from Polk County(yes, Grady Judd rocks). Going to definately be on the lookout for this car and occupants.

RIP officers...

I hope they get both those fucksticks. Dead or alive... I could care less.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#26]
There is no tag on that Camry btw - that's what they got stopped for to begin with.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Both officers are dead, if I understand correctly one is being kept on life support temporarily for organ donation reasons.

This is correct.
Prayers sent to families and coworkers

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#28]
9 months pregnant

that is horrible.

rest in peace, prayers out for the families.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Going into Tampa in a few minutes from Polk County(yes, Grady Judd rocks). Going to definately be on the lookout for this car and occupants.

RIP officers...

I hope they get both those fucksticks. Dead or alive... I could care less.

I'm all for option #1........................

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#30]

RIP

I hope they catch them soon. And that they resist..whether they actually do or not I hope they resist.
Yes I fucking said it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Prayers sent for the families.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Damn! Prayers for both families.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
9 months pregnant

that is horrible.

rest in peace, prayers out for the families.

agreed.  i feel terrible for the other 4 little boys who are now without a dad, too.  

hope the shooter dies painfully along with his woman.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#34]
9:40 a.m.: Tampa police want to talk to these two people about the shooting deaths. Dontae Rashawn Morris, 24, and Cortnee Nicole Brantley, 22. Tampa police call them "persons of interest."
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Hope they catch these fuckers. CoC. prevents any futher comment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#37]
looks like they might know were they are
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

looks like they might know were they are

Where is that located?

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#39]
news says Bristol Bay Apts

helicopter feed comes and goes

ETA:  Feed has changed to a view of downtown not related

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#41]
has turned to  Prayers for the families of those fallen men.  RIP officers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

May they rest in peace.

Prayers for their families

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#44]

why am i not surprised that both appear to be previous booking photos?  dollars to donuts says he had $20 worth of weed, and didn't want to go back to jail.  what a waste.

(and no, i don't think weed should be legal.  i DO think idiots should not be permitted to reproduce ).

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Can I post the term "Gang-bangers" without being accused of racism?

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I heard this morning that the guy had over 43 arrests in Hillsboro county alone. Was a known Gang banger. A known coke dealer. Had car jacking, drug arrests, gun crimes, tampering with witness etc...
Some States attorney there had not prosecuted him numerous times. Don't know all the story, but Mr. Blood / Crip should have been in prison.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I heard this morning that the guy had over 43 arrests in Hillsboro county alone. Was a known Gang banger. A known coke dealer. Had car jacking, drug arrests, gun crimes, tampering with witness etc...
Some States attorney there had not prosecuted him numerous times. Don't know all the story, but Mr. Blood / Crip should have been in prison.

Morris was released from state prison in April after serving two years on a drug conviction in Hillsborough County, records show.

In October 2005, he was arrested by Tampa police on charges of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated battery with a firearm and robbery. He was found not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#48]

RIP Brothers
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

news says Bristol Bay Apts

helicopter feed comes and goes

ETA:  Feed has changed to a view of downtown not related

Palm River area.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#50]
The driver, Cortnee Brantley has been caught!!!

TAMPA ––

Police have found the woman involved in the shooting deaths
of two Tampa police officers.

A tip led police to the Bristol Bay Apartment Complex at
Bristol Bay Way in Tampa, which is where they found 22-year-old Cortnee
Nicole Brantley.  Police had said Brantley was a person of interest in
the case.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top