Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2001 3:21:14 AM EDT
Good news it looks like 2 of our boys will be joining the court. This is double good news as a liberal and a moderate will be leaving. News at the "scales of justice" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Lets not celebrate to fast.One of them going was appointed by Reagan.Lets wait and see who Busch picks.I shure hope he doesn't try to appease anyone with this.It's to important.I heard there was a chance a third will retire  to.Almost a given if GW gets a second term
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 4:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Which ones are leaving?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem comes down simply to this - with a 50-50 split in the Senate, Pres. Bush will be hard pressed to pick some 'moderate' replacements in order to get them confirmed.

Gone are the days when the President was given wide latitude in his Supreme Court nominations.

Does the name 'Bork' ring a bell??

The only good news is that at least Bush will not be running his nominees past that Sack O' Sh!t American Bar Association for their rating.

All the MORE reason to continue voting REPUBLICAN!!

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Stevens and O'Connor.  O'Connor will be a significant loss for many of us.  Stevens?  C-ya.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#5]
We have another election in a couple of years that might change that 50/50 split!
Lynn  [uzi]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Eric.  

Bush won't be in a position to help us conservatives with these picks because of the Senate parity.  Also, as we've seen with Stevens (appointed by Ford) and Souter (appointed by Bush I), that appointees can and sometimes do change their spots after confirmation.

The best we can hope for is another bunch of gushy moderates that won't infringe on our rights "too" much......

....UNLESS.... they don't retire until after the 2002 mid term elections and we as conservatives band together and get REPUBLICANS Senators elected, solidifying our majority.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget Earl Warren, the man that made the 4th Amendment available to you and me.  Liberal piece of shit.  Eisenhower never should have appointed him.  The 5th and 6th Amendments, too.  Pinko commie fuck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Cible - you are correct, but I thought we were talking about CURRENT Supreme Court Justices.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I guess we were.  Sorry 'bout that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top