Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 6:25:32 PM EDT

Any of you still ride a 2-stroke on the street ?

RD/RZ, H1, Gamma, TZR ...

anybody?

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't personally,  but a buddy of mine has a CR250 supermoto bike that is plated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm on my 4th, an NSR80 with a Metrakit 100cc kit and a few other go fast goodies. I need to make offset triple clamps and for braces because the pipe hits the front tire.

Really nasty little bike.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
i used to want one of those in 50cc, because it is classified as a scooter.  are they pretty quick?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Had to put offsets on a suzuki for that reason. Attack performance had them, but for what they cost, I could make a set cheaper.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm on my 4th, an NSR80 with a Metrakit 100cc kit and a few other go fast goodies. I need to make offset triple clamps and for braces because the pipe hits the front tire.

Really nasty little bike.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/sfdave/cfa2_1.jpg

Dude, I so want one of those now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Suzuki GT750 Lemans,  1974,  First production water cooled two stroke three cylinder street bike.  First with dual disc front brakes.  This was an upgrade from the earlier 4 leading shoe front brakes.

Nicknamed the Water Buffalo for its size and handling.  It is tuned for touring so it is no hotrod.  It is an excellent street bike for its day.  It smokes very little with PJ1 Silverfire injection oil.  It has a system to recycle any oil that builds up in the crankcases.

I hope that someday they will built a direct injected two stroke engine that will pass emmisions.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
My old RZ350 I sold it back in '07 to help fund my '07 KTM 525EXC.

I bought it for $1400 and put a bunch of money and work into. I had Gary at Spec2 build the motor to stage 2, ported, mill head, 34mm carbs, his clutch and pipes. New tires and suspension. I ended up selling it to a guy from Orlando, I got almost $5k for it and the extra parts I had.

If was a fun fast bike but it always babied it for fear of fucking it up. I miss it once in a while but I'm glad I bought the KTM.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top