Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2007 3:06:57 PM EDT

wjz.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_229191028.html

2 Attacked By Rabid Beaver At Loch Raven Reservoir

(CBS) TOWSON, Md. A warning from the Baltimore County Health Department following last weekend's attacks on two swimmers by a rabid beaver. A 14-year-old boy and an adult woman were attacked north of Loch Raven Dam while swimming in the reservoir.

"The boy was rescued by his mother. The female swimmer was rescued by her husband and a good Samaritan. In this instance, the 50-pound beaver was killed with a rock. It tested positive for rabies," Rabies Coordinator Gary Thompson tells Richard Sher.

The Baltimore County Health Department reminds you to avoid contact with wildlife if possible, keep your pets up to date on their rabies shots and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That was one angry beaver............
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I was attacked by a rabid beaver, once.

She worked me over so good, I was raw the next day.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
All your trees are belong to us.

So was it Norbitt or Daggit. I'm betting Daggit.

Eh!@!
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was attacked by a rabid beaver, once.

She worked me over so good, I was raw the next day.

I'll bet you smelled like the beaver too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It's actually a nice place.....

except for rabid beavers of course
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
... and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs.

The drinking water is home to rabid beavers but no swimming?
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The real issue is that we are becoming a non outdoor nation.  I trapped rats, beaver, mink and coon as  kid in Indiana and Illinois.  Had furs streching in our barn all winter long.  This guy would have been one the first in one of my traps because the rabis makes them loose their natural protective and normal behavior.  Same thing with distemper those were the easy traps.

Loch Raven is not far from my house it is polluted with deer and you can not even bow hunt there absolutely liberal haven.  No one is putting any pressure on these ecosystems and this is bound to happen.  Oh and not being a native Marylander I stil can not figure how they call this the Free State.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs.

The drinking water is home to rabid beavers but no swimming?

Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Baltimore is famous for its rabid beaver....    Oh wait.

Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Loch Raven is not far from my house it is polluted with deer and you can not even bow hunt there absolutely liberal haven.

My daily commute takes me through the north end of Loch Raven, and it is often the most dangerous part of the 25 mile drive because of all the damn deer. In autumn, I usually see 10-20 each direction of the drive in just about 3 miles of roadway.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
(Que "Jaws" Attack Theme)

dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT dunt DUNT
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if the beaver was foaming at the mouth.

There is nothing worse than a foamy beaver. Or is that there is nothing better?
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I live within walking distance of Loch Raven....

It's not only the deer and rabid beavers you gotta watch for, there are also a few mutants and crack-heads in the area.

I stumbled onto a guy and girl firing heroin near the number 1 bridge a few years ago.

Gotta love Baltimore
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I had Beaver Fever recently, and the only cure was more Beaver!

Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My stepfather used to be a trapper. Just this weekend the subject came up and he told me that beaver was mighty good eatin… Guess I know why mom seems so happy with him.

Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I will not be held responsible for long, slow, hanging lobs pitched right over the plate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It's actually a nice place.....

except for rabid beavers of course

+1

I used to ride my GSX-R around there purt' near every weekend.  Never dragged a knee on the ground, but did manage to grind a bit on the toe sliders of my boots on one or two of the curves.  Also, heading up towards the reservoir is a slight humpback before the road takes a 90 degree turn to the left.  At a certain speed, your bike may become briefly airborne as evidenced by the tach suddenly hitting redline.

Ahhhh, the memories.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Lead in: Primus' Wynona's Big Brown Beaver..."That beaver eat Taco Bell".

Primitive skills gathering: sweet little blond trapper chicky say "Nothin's softer than my combed beaver." Hold the rabies.

Foster's Lager is a fine drink. Surv.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#20]

so much about this thread is funny....I even think there was a sigline in there somewhere..
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Was it shaved?
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Perhaps it wasn't rabid. Maybe Ward was a little hard on it last night.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#23]
That is crazyness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top