Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 12:24:50 PM EDT
that is all
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]

You would hope that security at Cambridge's Primate Testing Lab would be a little more strict when it came to animals with a highly contageous bio-engineered disease. However, I have seen University security at various labs with everything from radioactive material to areas that housed research animals and they tend to be total jokes. So the start of 28 Days Later is pretty good.  

I absolute love the start of DOTD 2004 when she wakes up in the morning to find the little girl from next door inside her home.  However, how the hell did the little girl get inside their house? Did they actually go to sleep without locking their doors?  So I never really got that part of it, but I forgive them in parts thanks to the suburban neighborhood in chaos.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I absolute love the start of DOTD 2004 when she wakes up in the morning to find the little girl from next door inside her home. However, how the hell did the little girl get inside their house? Did they actually go to sleep without locking their doors? So I never really got that part of it, but I forgive them in parts thanks to the suburban neighborhood in chaos.

Yep.... Great movie.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish i saw this post a couple hours ago ! Ive never seen 28 days later is it good ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I wish i saw this post a couple hours ago ! Ive never seen 28 days later is it good ?

Welcome to the asylum.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Never leave before the credits have completed.  DOTD taught me quite the lesson there.

yup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
own 'em

side note, the little girl.....why is it that a single young child standing in a doorway is allways WAYYY freakier then a hundred Z's charging at you?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
own 'em

side note, the little girl.....why is it that a single young child standing in a doorway is allways WAYYY freakier then a hundred Z's charging at you?

I would say that it is a very good juxtaposition.  Here you have something that is in no way creepy or threatening (a child standing in the hall), but through their actions (or inactions) you get the feeling that something is very, very wrong.  Kind of like The Ring. if you ever saw that.  The part that was the creepiest to me when when she came out of the TV.  Here you have a very safe object: a TV.  You cannot be hurt by images or representations, so TV is a safe way to experience things.  When she crawls out of the TV it is no longer a safe object, in fact it has become the opposite.  Same thing with children who are no longer normal kids.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
own 'em

I would say that it is a very good juxtaposition.  Here you have something that is in no way creepy or threatening (a child standing in the hall), but through their actions (or inactions) you get the feeling that something is very, very wrong.  Kind of like The Ring. if you ever saw that.  The part that was the creepiest to me when when she came out of the TV.  Here you have a very safe object: a TV.  You cannot be hurt by images or representations, so TV is a safe way to experience things.  When she crawls out of the TV it is no longer a safe object, in fact it has become the opposite.  Same thing with children who are no longer normal kids.

YEEAHHHH!!! what he said!!!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm the only one in Zombieville who thunks it, but I thought 28DL kinda sucked.  They could have cut a good 1/2 hour off of it.  That might be from my disdain for British accents though?  Either way, it has it's moments.  28 Weeks Later was pretty kickass, lots more irons and a lot better than 28DL I thought.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#10]
yea, not a fan of the brit flix either. 28weeks was better, but really hate how they always portray the US forces.
underlying theam  "the US rolls in like their hot shit with thier guns and tanks. but their all their guns don't help them at all!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yea, not a fan of the brit flix either. 28weeks was better, but really hate how they always portray the US forces.
underlying theam  "the US rolls in like their hot shit with thier guns and tanks. but their all their guns don't help them at all!"

Agreed.  The typical flming industry's opinion is that the US military is made up of POS's.  Zombieville knows better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top