Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:38:46 PM EDT
Began working with a new student this evening. A friend of an existing student who decided to begin training with us. Anyway we do things pretty informally and it just so happened that I was cleaning a M1 Garand when they showed up early.

The new student somewhat admired it having recognized it from a video game he regularly plays and from Band of Brothers. Anyway I open the safe to put it away among the FALs, AR15s, HKs, etc. and his jaw about hits the floor.

He made some comment about it being the most guns he'd ever seen at one time that wasn't related to "something bad."

I asked what he meant. He replied "Well you know like on the news or in school everytime there is a somebody with a lot of guns it's always a bad thing." He then stated he didn't even realize a person could legally own so many guns like that.

So I asked him to give me a single example of what is wrong with me having them or a single reason why it might be bad for me to have them.

Being an honest sort he tried to come up with all variety of reasons and quickly deduced that they didn't apply to me.

For all the years of indoctrination he couldn't come up with a single valid reason for me to not have guns.

After about 3 minutes he finally concluded that guns aren't dangerous, dangerous people are dangerious.

I think I'm gonna take him shooting next month.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Encouraging, your in New York aren't you?  No.2 Liberal bastion of gun control.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
One "atta boy" for your efforts.

Maybe you should offer to take him to the range for a little introduction to firearms. I would start him off with something like a 22LR pistols & rifle. Those newbies can understand a lot of nuances of shooting from a TV game.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Encouraging, your in New York aren't you?  No.2 Liberal bastion of gun control.

Not exactly, but close enough, South Florida.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
[Mr Smithers] Eeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxccellent! [/Mr Smithers]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Epiphany happens.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Why wait until next month?  Good job, hope it sticks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why wait until next month?  Good job, hope it sticks.

Cause I won't be going to the rifle range till then. I invited him along.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

...After about 3 minutes he finally concluded that guns aren't dangerous, dangerous people are dangerious....

Yet another example of real world experience vs. "ivory tower" socialization/brainwashing techniques.

When one's experience in the real world repeatedly contradicts some "ism" or preconceived notion, the preconceived notion must necessarly be altered or disposed of.  That is, if one is rational.

Good job.  Now school the grasshopper in the arcane art of the Car Wash Draw Down©.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Epiphany happens.  

Thank you for the sigline...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome.

Once you break through that vaneer that the libs put on the sheeple (who frankly are otherwise good people)... Lots of good things can happen.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Have him shoot your M1 Garand
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Have him shoot your M1 Garand

Exactly what I was thinking.

Way to go SteyrAUG!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top