Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 5:42:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 5:42:50 AM EDT by USMC6177]
Link to Story

24th MEU commanding officer facing larceny charges
Jacksonville Daily News
January 31, 2011
Hope Hodge

According to officials with the Jacksonville Police Department, Petit, 50, a resident of St. Mary’s Drive aboard Camp Lejeune, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. Saturday at Walmart on North Marine Boulevard and charged with one count of larceny.

Petit is accused of stealing two printer cartridges and a bottle of STP gas treatment, the stolen goods having a total value of $65.68, according to warrants. He was released on a written promise to appear in court, in lieu of a bond.

The commanding officer of Camp Lejeune’s 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit is due in court next month on misdemeanor larceny charges.

What exactly the fuck was he thinking?

Printer repairman? Is he one of us? Did he blade?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:46:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:48:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadChiro:

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 8:09:42 AM EDT by Payback99]
So bizarre.

Part of me is like "REALLY? SIR?"

Part of me is like

And the rest of me wants to see the security camera video.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:50:14 AM EDT
Sad. Seems like there's more to the story; is this the kind of thing that someone who had it in for him would have reported? I don't condone what he did, of course. Just wondering what could make the planets align to have that happen. I have no .mil background, so don't know how this kind of thing even came to light.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:51:09 AM EDT
Is this a dupe?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:51:50 AM EDT
I have seen some really dumb things when it comes to people shoplifting.

A female Major stealing makeup at the BX.

A 19 year police veteran stealing computer parts at Walmart.

Both of these people threw their career away for pennies.

People can be really odd at times.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:52:07 AM EDT
It's obviously Sarah Palin's fault!..................it's got to be!

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:54:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Vicinity:
Is this a dupe?

On JRS might be a dupe just caught it in the Daily Media Report that I get everyday from the USMC PIO
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:54:53 AM EDT
Unfricken believable.

Max
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:57:01 AM EDT
He must have some kind of mental/emotional problem.

No way a sane person would do something like this.

Very sad.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:01:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ptmccain:

Very sad.

People are just fucking dumb and don't make the connection between risk/consequences vs reward. That, and a lot of people are just plain fucking shitty when it comes down to it, even those in respected occupations.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:07:32 AM EDT
I think his service to our country at least earns him the right to tell his side of the story before we all pass judgment. Not saying he’s innocent, not saying he’s guilty, just saying that an arrest doesn’t prove anything.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:11:05 AM EDT
WTF?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:12:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:14:57 AM EDT
Cashier error? LP stop at the door, and cashier f'ed up? No indication from the story, but seems odd.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:20:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SHIVAN:
Cashier error? LP stop at the door, and cashier f'ed up? No indication from the story, but seems odd.

Failure to Blade?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:25:11 AM EDT
Wow...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:34:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 6:35:28 AM EDT by quijanos]

Doubt his career will be thrown away.....[ oh and DUPE ] ....I knew a USMC Major who got a DWI and ended up with a transfer away from the unit into another as the CO [slap on hands and new duty station ]
If this would have been a non rate or NCO he would have fried like fucking bacon

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:36:54 AM EDT

Very sad.

Most people are bad. They love stealing, murdering, ect.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:58:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thuban:
I think his service to our country at least earns him the right to tell his side of the story before we all pass judgment. Not saying he’s innocent, not saying he’s guilty, just saying that an arrest doesn’t prove anything.

This....

Something doesn't sound right here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:05:08 AM EDT
we just found that one thief in the Corps everyone is always talking about. This guy must have been the asshole who stole my ipod back in 2005.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:08:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thuban:

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:11:12 AM EDT
For some reason I KNEW this had to take place in Florida.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:17:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By southfloridaguns:
we just found that one thief in the Corps everyone is always talking about. This guy must have been the asshole who stole my ipod back in 2005.

Ok I laughed loudly and my coworkers looked at me funny
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:17:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tekka:

You just knew it right?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:18:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By quijanos:

Doubt his career will be thrown away.....[ oh and DUPE ] ....I knew a USMC Major who got a DWI and ended up with a transfer away from the unit into another as the CO [slap on hands and new duty station ]
If this would have been a non rate or NCO he would have fried like fucking bacon

Thrown away? Likely not. For all intents and purposes over? Yep. This gets run in the Officers' Disciplinary Notebook (ODN), the legendary "Black Book" that sits in the Commandant's office. Even if he's never tried or convicted, the arrest will be in the book and will be briefed if he were ever considered for promotion. His star is now gone out. He might retire with the benefits he's earned, but he'll never promote. I saw a case where a major was arrested for leaving his 6 year old kid in a running car outside a grocery store for 15 minutes while he was inside getting something. An ODN entry was made and the event was part of who he was as an officer forever.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:18:47 AM EDT

Yeah, but it happened in North Carolina. Dude's base pay alone is over $10k a month
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:20:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 7:21:53 AM EDT by Tekka]

Originally Posted By USMC6177:

You just knew it right?

I'm so used to seeing people and reading about people doing stupid stuff here that I have come to expect most news articles about stupid people making bad decisions are from Florida.

Anyway... I was wrong, this doesn't take place in Jacksonville Florida.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:21:16 AM EDT

THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

Maybe he still has my poncho liner and isomat!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:21:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TXGunnersM8:

Yeah, but it happened in North Carolina. Dude's base pay alone is over $10k a month

sorry, I was thinking of Jacksonville, Florida.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:26:05 AM EDT
He is actually a Recon bubba
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:27:59 AM EDT

Very sad.

Sometimes actions like these are a sign of some deeper rooted mental problem like PTSD. See the story of Karl Hettinger.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:29:36 AM EDT
I knew an Assistant U.S. Attorney who lost his job over shoplifting a pocket-knife. Some shit just can't be explained.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:32:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:
I knew an Assistant U.S. Attorney who lost his job over shoplifting a pocket-knife. Some shit just can't be explained.

This.

Back in the 90s, one of the Navy 46 squadron COs (CDR) was relieved for shoplifting from the NEX. Some people have odd compulsions.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:34:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By quijanos:

Too bad he's not a politician.

Back in the 80's I was in Korea. Picked up a copy of Stars and Stripes when we were on an Army base (I was in The Suck.)

Anyway, there was a story about an Army Staff Sergeant who got caught selling appliances from the PX to some locals. Didn't steal anything mind you he just sold them to the locals. Granted, against the rules, but not stealing.
Busted to E-1. Big Chicken Dinner and forget your pension, beotch!

Fast forward to the House Post Office scandal . The fucking congressmen were cashing in their allotted postage and taking, read STEALING the money.

Even the ones sentenced to jail still got their pensions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:35:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By R0N:

haha. He didn't Recon the area very well did he.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:36:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Alien:

Very sad.

People are just fucking dumb and don't make the connection between risk/consequences vs reward. That, and a lot of people are just plain fucking shitty when it comes down to it, even those in respected occupations.

Nobody needs makeup, printer cartridges, or gas treatment that bad. They did it for the thrill.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:46:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By k0331b:

THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

Maybe he still has my poncho liner and isomat!

And my PSP and goggles!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:48:37 AM EDT
I guess the door checker didn't give him a smiley face sticker.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:52:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By R0N:

In that case, I'm surprised he didn't destroy the ink cartridge after mistaking it for the pair of socks his wife asked him to pick up, expecting Civil Affairs to pay Wal-mart for the damages.
Top Top