Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 6:34:18 PM EDT
NYC officials called in a professional alligator wrangler from Florida this week to apprehend a renegade[b] TWO FOOT LONG[/b] alligator that was seen swimming in a pond in Central Park.
After a[b] DANGEROUS[/b] half hour long hunt for the reptilian menace, the courageous wrangler, showing selfless disregard for his own life and limb,.........reached down and grabbed it.[rolleyes]

Im speechless,.....The kids down here in Florida catch alligators that small, and play with them. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a scene right out of Godzilla.  instead of a multi million dollar movie we shlep this touchy-feely onto the taxpayer.

Somehow i think they pull scarier things out of the E River.

zaz
[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
In Louisiana, those "monsters" are food! Hehe, I love fried gator!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
If it weren't for the fact they would die in the winter,.....a few full grown gators roaming the streets of NYC at night might not be a bad thing [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
NYC officials called in a professional alligator wrangler from Florida this week to apprehend a renegade[b] TWO FOOT LONG[/b] alligator that was seen swimming in a pond in Central Park.

Uhm to be accurate someone in Florida govenment heard of the NY reptile and SENT your little croc hunter to apprehend the 2' South American Caiman.So I guess some Fl.Government retard considers a 2' Caiman worth the expense to send an aligator wrangler for the job and guess what,your tax dollars paid the bill.Now don't you feel stupid,if you don't believe it LOOK IT UP!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHA http://www.nydailynews.com/2001-06-22/News_and_Views/City_Beat/a-115840.asp

[spank]         [-!-]                 [chainsawkill]

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
LMAO,...Well, you know,...we try to do all we can to help out..lol......And from the footage I saw on the news of the park ranger trying to catch it, it's a good thing. lol

so it ended up being a Caiman huh?...what are they going to do with it? [uzi]

BTW...since I was wrong, and must repent for my actions, I will now cut down the MIGHTIEST TREE in the forest,..with........[b]A HERRING[/b]
[NI]

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I thought this thread was about my penis, guess not huh? [spank]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LMAO,...Well, you know,...we try to do all we can to help out..lol......And from the footage I saw on the news of the park ranger trying to catch it, it's a good thing. lol

Exactly how many 2' Caimans have you wrestled out of a 4 acre pond?I guess that park ranger should have scapped it right up,you know what with Caimans being so common in NY?Give me a break.

"so the found out it was a Caiman huh?...what are they going to do with it? "

They are sending it and the bill to Florida and probably put it in one of your tourist traps advertising it as the NY Caiman.[:D]

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly how many 2' Caimans have you wrestled out of a 4 acre pond?
View Quote

you can catch them with a rod and reel

They are sending it and the bill to Florida and probably put it in one of your tourist traps advertising it as the NY Caiman.
View Quote

Well, since mostly New Yorkers ([i]not that there is anything wrong with that[/i]) go to those tourist traps... Sounds like a good way to get back all of the tax money we spent sending that gator wrangler to Central Park [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I would have went and smoked em but NYC gun laws are against it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah i just heard the story on fox news channel about a little less than a hour ago that was pretty damn funny oh my god its a  2 foot lizard better call in the marines heheheh
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you see the film of this guy? this "professional" gator wrestler (not that I'm putting him down) just shows up in his ball cap like a normal redneck type, goes to the water and picks up the gator. What the hell were New Yorkers so freaked out about? If you see one that size you either leave it alone or you grab it yourself. I guess New Yorkers are just chickenshits (just kidding) if it was 6 or 8 feet long I could understand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Sure "Just go grab it yourself" are you serious?Do you even understand how large a 4 acre pond is compared to a 2' reptile.Damn son I heard you folks in TN were SLOW but this is ridiculous.Some of you guys should go back and finish school because you can't seem to read,NY didn't call this hick from Florida up here.The genious public relations down there sent him up here at their taxpayers expense to catch the dreaded 2' monster.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]
When I read your post I thought you were talking about my 2 year old. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Actually it wouldn't be that hard to catch it yourself.  I'm sure they have some kind of boats on that 4 acre pond don't they.  All you need is a little boat and a Q-beam.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Sheeuuttt! Come to the Atchafalaya River Basin if you want to look at 'gators.  The largest natural swamp wilderness area in the United States, and it receives very little press, or disturbance.

I always used to tell my out-of-state visitors
that Louisiana didn't have any problem with stray dogs and cats, cause the gators usually got them pretty quickly.  Problem is, it's true!

Eric The(Where'sMyG-DFlashlight!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Uhm to be accurate someone in Florida govenment heard of the NY reptile and SENT your little croc hunter to apprehend the 2' South American Caiman.So I guess some Fl.Government retard considers a 2' Caiman worth the expense to send an aligator wrangler for the job and guess what,your tax dollars paid the bill.
View Quote

No, we didn't really consider it worth the expense to send our Gator dude.
We just figured that if we left it up to New Yorkers, you'd shoot your eyes out, or something.

Secrets to Catching baby Gators

Grab thier Tails
and before the vicious beasts can maul you...
Pet thier bellies. They will go to sleep.
Really!
No joke!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dread Pirate Roberts:
Oh, I thought this thread was about my penis, guess not huh? [spank]
View Quote

You, too?  Oh well, not EVERYone is as lucky as we are [:D]

[sex]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:46:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Blue Falcon:
All you need is a little boat and a Q-beam.
View Quote

How about a BIG boat and some JIM BEAM! [;)]

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Josey...... My original post wasn't a flame toward New Yorkers. It was making fun of the ridiculous way the media made it look like some big monster was loose in NYC.
But,...([i]keeping in mind the media isn't always accurate[/i]) let me point out a few things I saw on the news.......Finding that 2' reptile in that 4 acre pond didn't seem to be the issue. I saw footage of a crowd of people standing there looking at it while a park ranger was trying to scoop it up in a net. Then they showed the park ranger running from it. ([i]I would think he has seen scarier things than that in Central Park[/i])  And, after all....the redneck guy was able to find the little critter in under a half hour.

Anyway,....I guess it's okay for people in NYC to make fun of the dumb asses in Palm Beach who screwed up with the election ballots, but they get all defensive if you poke a little fun at NYC.[>Q]

Hopefully this will not affect your decision wether to spend your tourist dollars in Florida.
And if you DO come to visit,...and you drive,....please check your blinker.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Well the Florida Cracker just got tired of all the NYer frenzy about what to do about a 2 ft gator and somebody had to show em how to deal with it FL style.
Waiting for the press release from Schumer/Clinton about what legislation should be passed to protect NYers from this sort of thing cause you know EVENTUALLY it could have turned into a very lethal reptile. Better living thru bigger Government- The Liberal Way.[:D]

Disclaimer- said in jest, any similarity to living or dead NYers is purely coincidental.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top