Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:00:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 4:09:01 PM EST by SHIVAN]
Ruger MkII/MkIII
Ruger 22/45
Browning Buckmark
Walther P22
Other

Will end up with a suppressor on it at some point.

Suppressor is already purchased an inbound......

I bought the Buckmark tonight. I may buy another 22lr pistol though, so keep answering.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:01:48 PM EST
Ruger MkII, the mk3 is gay

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:02:06 PM EST
Ruger MkII/MkIII
All the way baby. You can even have it fitted with an integral suppressor, very cool!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:02:13 PM EST
I'm a big fan of the buckmark.
The walther would be my 2nd choice.

Anything ruger would be bottom of the list. (They sold out to the clintons, remember?)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:03:43 PM EST
SHEISLEGEND has a Buckmark and absolutely loves the frickin' thing.

I almost got one too but then the MKIII came out at the right time and I got it. American mag release! American mag release! w00t!!!
They both shoot like lasers.

awesome review of MKIII on Gunblast
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:04:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:

Anything ruger would be bottom of the list. (They sold out to the clintons, remember?)

Go over to the Walther boards and read how reliable (lmao) these P22's are.

There is actually a thread titled: "How do I make my P22 NOT suck"
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:04:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ring:
Ruger MkII, the mk3 is gay

It's not. It's a really great pistol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:05:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:

They have been around for 50 years and are always in Bullseye competitions. They have something going for them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:06:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 12:09:44 PM EST by submoa1]
Check out the new SIG Mosquito........
Mosquito -Impact Guns
........looks cool as hell!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:07:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By submoa1:

Tru dat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:07:44 PM EST
I am quite possibly the largest fan EVER of the BuckMark, I have two of them. One of them is WELL over 50k rounds, was scoped for awhile, and even as "broken-in" as it is, was shooting dime sized groups at 25 yards without much trouble. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I am not yet a fan of the Mark III, because of the loaded chamber indicator, but it could be just fine.

I think Brownings can be had quite a bit cheaper if I recall correctly.

shooter
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:09:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:09:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:11:20 PM EST

Mosquito -Impact Guns

I'll let someone else blaze that trail with threaded barrels and slide operation with a suppressor.

Looks nice, just not now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:11:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
link to AAC Phoenix pistol (Ruger) with integral suppressor

SHIIITTT NEGRO! That's all you had to say!

That is a fine looking pistol!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:13:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 12:16:06 PM EST by IAMLEGEND]

Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:

LMFAO!

There's more...

The PHOENIX silenced pistol is a silencer system constructed on a stainless steel Ruger MK II. Through the use of an advanced baffle design, the PHOENIX delivers an unheard of 43 dB reduction with no first round pop, without the use of liquid or coolant assist. This makes the PHOENIX the most efficient suppressed Ruger MK II in its size class. The PHOENIX contains no mesh, wipes, springs, or any other user replaceable packing materials. The combination of stainless steel and CNC machined aerospace quality aluminum result in an attractive and durable sound suppressor system, which will last the life of the host firearm. The tensioned barrel provides accuracy two to three times superior to an unsilenced Ruger MK II while the calculated barrel porting ensures that projectiles will remain subsonic over a wide variety of environmental conditions while still delivering enough velocity for animal or pest control. Options include factory installation of match grade trigger components and tritium sights.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:19:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:

LMFAO!

There's more...

The PHOENIX silenced pistol is a silencer system constructed on a stainless steel Ruger MK II. Through the use of an advanced baffle design, the PHOENIX delivers an unheard of 43 dB reduction with no first round pop, without the use of liquid or coolant assist. This makes the PHOENIX the most efficient suppressed Ruger MK II in its size class. The PHOENIX contains no mesh, wipes, springs, or any other user replaceable packing materials. The combination of stainless steel and CNC machined aerospace quality aluminum result in an attractive and durable sound suppressor system, which will last the life of the host firearm. The tensioned barrel provides accuracy two to three times superior to an unsilenced Ruger MK II while the calculated barrel porting ensures that projectiles will remain subsonic over a wide variety of environmental conditions while still delivering enough velocity for animal or pest control. Options include factory installation of match grade trigger components and tritium sights.

I challenge anyone in here to find a more reliable/more beautifull/quieter/well respected/proven silenced .22 pistol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:21:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 12:22:31 PM EST by submoa1]

Looks and sounds(as in description) just like Cieners MkII integral setup. They start with a bull barrel MkII and turn the barrel down,drill the holes,fit the aluminum baffles,and slide a ChroMo or S.S. sleeve over it and a threaded end cap.When it's done,it looks like a fat bull barrel.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:25:23 PM EST
I picked "other".

If you've got a Glock - I cannot reccomned the Advantage Arms 22 kit enough. I also believe they make a barrel w/ threads on the end as an option. It's the only 22 pistol I shoot now-a-days. These things are nuts-on accurate.

www.advantagearms.com/conversion_kit.html
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:44:32 PM EST
Ruger Mk II or III. The III is a trade-off.... Don't care for the loaded chamber indicator but the mag release is an improvement. And they put that silly warning on the bottom of the barrel.

Here's a MkII slabside that Kurt did for me recently. Thought it turned out pretty good.:

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:46:26 PM EST
The Buckmark's controls are laid out in the same pattern as the 1911. If you are a 1911 fan, you will be able to transition to the Buckmark very easily.

I found the Buckmark to be much more reliable and accurate than the Ruger Mk.II. I have never seen a Mk.III, so I can't comment on it. I found the II/45 to be an ugly gun, and I prefer the Buckmark's slide system anyway.

The Mk.II has one advantage, though; its slide system (with the two little "ears" on the back) makes it easy for someone with small, weak, or injured hands to rack the slide.

Politics aside, I vastly prefer the Buckmark. Politics included, I wouldn't touch a Ruger with *your* dick, much less my own.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:50:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:

Mosquito -Impact Guns

I'll let someone else blaze that trail with threaded barrels and slide operation with a suppressor.

Already been blazed, my friend

sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/473104572

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:53:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
I picked "other".

If you've got a Glock - I cannot reccomned the Advantage Arms 22 kit enough. I also believe they make a barrel w/ threads on the end as an option. It's the only 22 pistol I shoot now-a-days. These things are nuts-on accurate.

www.advantagearms.com/conversion_kit.html

Big MFn +1 for the AA kit on the Glock.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:54:24 PM EST
Friend of mine has the AAC Phoenix and a silenced Buckmark. Both are nice.

His Phoenix has a really well-done match trigger on it. I have never shot a pistol with a nicer trigger. It is accurate and very quiet.

The Buckmark he has is also integrally-silenced. It is just a whisper quieter than his Phoenix, but the trigger is not quite as sweet.

All in all, I like the Phoenix just a tad better. It isn't quite as quiet as the Buckmark, but the difference is miniscule. And that trigger is all the difference in the world.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:55:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 2:56:22 PM EST by El_Bandito]
Most people will say Buckmark or Mk III. I have an old Mk II 512 and it's extremely accurate (i.e. fun) but a chore to clean (i.e. a total bitch). As was said by someone else, the mag release on the III is a HUGE improvement, it's a push-button up on the frame instead of the old shit mag release on the the bottom of the grip on the Mk II. Either get some rails for it (some models come equipped with them NIB) and make it a super-accurate plinker or suppress it, which is what I'm doing to my next Mk-series pistol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:00:19 PM EST
Other

I'd buy a nine-shot 22LR revolver. You could then use any 22 ammo in it reliably. I've seen too many guys at the range with Rugers, Brownings, and especially Walthers that spent time trying to get them to run. When I had my CCW class, about 2/3 of the people had 22 autos, and they all had problems. With a revolver, it just works. Also, you can fire shorts or primer-only rounds if you want.z
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:05:42 PM EST

My first gun was a Buckmark. I loved
that gun. It was also the first (and last)
gun that I sold.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:09:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By zoom:
Other

I'd buy a nine-shot 22LR revolver. You could then use any 22 ammo in it reliably. I've seen too many guys at the range with Rugers, Brownings, and especially Walthers that spent time trying to get them to run. When I had my CCW class, about 2/3 of the people had 22 autos, and they all had problems. With a revolver, it just works. Also, you can fire shorts or primer-only rounds if you want.z

SHIVAN thanks you for the input, but respectfully requests that you read his original post instead of just the thread title.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:19:02 PM EST
SHIVAN-

I have a 22/45 and the P22, so you might as well let me be the guinea pig when my can is ready.

For the 22/45, I have one of these (just the "upper") on the way:

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:20:58 PM EST
S&W Model 41 5-1/2" Heavy Barrel

I have two of these and I have shot at least 200,000 rounds out mine over 35 years
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:23:47 PM EST
I'm not gonna knock any choice. I LIKE .22s.

I voted MII cause that is the one I have and I am very pleased with it. Shoot good groups and is vewy vewy quiet.

I also have a S&W 41 but I shoot it rarely as it is ammo sensitive and I don't have it suppressed. And, well, I like the Ruger. BTW - I hate IAMLEGEND. I am trying to control spending and you show me THAT beautiful Phoenix? All I can do to control myself.

Here is my Ruger:

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:32:42 PM EST
I have the Buckmark's predecessor the Challenger III and a Buckmark. I also have the Walther. From a reliability and accuracy perspective, the Brownings rule.

Bomber
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:34:00 PM EST
I'm completely happy with my 5.5" Ruger 22/45
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:38:45 PM EST

Mosquito -Impact Guns

Another vote for the Mosquito. I'm thinking of selling the Buckmark for one.

The Ruger's are very nice as well, but pricey when I get done adding everything I want.

Walther has completely lost any semblance of respect that I may have had for them. A friends G22 that he bought the previous day literally had parts flying off of it before the end of a brick of ammo. Last trip to the range, I saw the first automatic single shot P22 I have ever heard of. Only a few weeks old and with (the owner claimed) very few rounds through it, it ceased to function, requiring him to pull the slide back after every round.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:40:05 PM EST
Stainless Ruger MKII, with 5" bull barrel.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:41:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 3:42:32 PM EST by Halfcocked]
I just bought my son (ya right) an MKIIwith the 7" barrel.

It's a classic and shoots like a lazer.

I looked at the Browning, Walther and Ruger 22/45. The Browning, well, I have suppressed, all thumbs, knuckle dragging syndrom and I just don't like plastic. (no I don't own a Glock). The other ones didn't have the 7" barrels.

Edited, PS I went stainless.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:42:26 PM EST
Ruger MK512.

That's the one I wanted, but I ended up with the 5 3/4" standard barrel without target sights. Damn, damn accurate. I love that little pistol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:48:26 PM EST
Missed nother Big Name:

High Standard!

Had a Victor

Kept my 10X Citation "Camp Perry"

Classic, dead-on Bullsys .22

Try to find one!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:00:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By drshame:

High Standard!

I second this. I have a Sport King 103 and it is the finest 22 I have ever shot. It has never given me a problem in countless boxes of ammo. It feeds and ejects everything I feed it that has some sort of coating on the projectile (just about all .22LR rounds these days). Its diet generally consists of the cheapest 500 round box of bullets that Walmart has to offer. It is several decades old and older than me, but is very tight still and shoots like a laser.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:10:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By zoom:
Other

I know in TEXAS you can carry a .22 auto, but you cannot qualify with it. I don't know about SC though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:23:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:

Mosquito -Impact Guns

sigforum.com/movedimages/para/Mosquito_AAC_Pilot.jpg

I'm not sure I would count Sig Sauer's T&E as "blazed", it does look promising so long as the Mosquito runs well without a can I imagine it should do OK with one.

I will keep my ear to the tracks on it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:25:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
SHIVAN-

I have a 22/45 and the P22, so you might as well let me be the guinea pig when my can is ready.

For the 22/45, I have one of these (just the "upper") on the way:

www.tacticalsol.com/products/images/pac-lites/45%20matte%20green%20threaded%20left.jpg

I will ordering the Tactical Solutions Buckmark Trail-Lite "upper"...

I might go back and get the 22/45 too......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:37:01 PM EST
S&W K22 masterpiece is a damn fine revolver. I have a Taurus M94 (I think that is what it is) nine shot .22 revolver and I love it. I also have a Ramline .22 Exactor and it is fairly reliable (though I do not recommend it for regular usage)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:38:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 4:41:26 PM EST by parshooter]
Mosquito - An Excellent Range Report

Didn’t even know that the frame was polymer with a metal insert and the slide was zinc until Erhardt told me – she just felt “right.”

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:43:34 PM EST
Here's mine with some custom work from Socom Mfg. Muzzle can is the way to go vs integrally suppressed. We also run the can on a 10/22 and a mossy bolt 22.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:02:41 PM EST

I'm not sure I would count Sig Sauer's T&E as "blazed", it does look promising so long as the Mosquito runs well without a can I imagine it should do OK with one.

Actually the extend+thread job was done by Kevin at AAC.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:22:46 PM EST
stay away from the sw 22a, such a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:13:38 AM EST

Actually the extend+thread job was done by Kevin at AAC.

Yeah, OK -- it was done for them, SIG, to test it and see if the thing was feasible, right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:22:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 5:22:30 AM EST by IAMLEGEND]

Originally Posted By jimmybcool:
I'm not gonna knock any choice. I LIKE .22s.

I voted MII cause that is the one I have and I am very pleased with it. Shoot good groups and is vewy vewy quiet.

I also have a S&W 41 but I shoot it rarely as it is ammo sensitive and I don't have it suppressed. And, well, I like the Ruger. BTW - I hate IAMLEGEND. I am trying to control spending and you show me THAT beautiful Phoenix? All I can do to control myself.

Here is my Ruger:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1007615/DSC00934_1.jpg

LMAO!

I'm sorry, man...you know what they say; misery enjoys company. I don't own one yet and I KNOW I shouldn't spend the money on one right now but I want it so bad. I have the AAC booklet I flip through to torture myself. I'm going to break eventually.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:48:18 AM EST

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:07:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
I'm completely happy with my 5.5" Ruger 22/45

A big +1 here. Had all three models throughout the years. Now I have the 22/45 and will not get rid out it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top