Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 4:35:28 PM EDT
Hi, all, I bought a new 220 volt Miller welder and the plug on it is like nothing I have seen before. Its exactly like a 110 plug with the two prongs side by side and the round ground prong below, just much larger. The 220 plug that I have in my shop is the round 3 prong twist type. I have other tools that have this same plug so I don't want to change it. My question is, does anyone make an adaptor for this?  If so where can I get one? I checked a few local stores and also Millers website but couldn't find anything!

Thanks,
stang
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi, all, I bought a new 220 volt Miller welder and the plug on it is like nothing I have seen before. Its exactly like a 110 plug with the two prongs side by side and the round ground prong below, just much larger. The 220 plug that I have in my shop is the round 3 prong twist type. I have other tools that have this same plug so I don't want to change it. My question is, does anyone make an adaptor for this?  If so where can I get one? I checked a few local stores and also Millers website but couldn't find anything!

Thanks,
stang

The different configurations are so you don't plug a high amperage appliance into a low amperage outlet. Better check the amperage of your welder against the amperage of your receptacle before you go any further.

ETA, Just a little FYI,
I have a 50 amp breaker and 6 ga. wire feeding my welder's receptacle. It is of the kind you described on your welder. If I were you, I'd add another 50 amp circuit just for your welder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top