Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 4:35:28 PM EDT
Hi, all, I bought a new 220 volt Miller welder and the plug on it is like nothing I have seen before. Its exactly like a 110 plug with the two prongs side by side and the round ground prong below, just much larger. The 220 plug that I have in my shop is the round 3 prong twist type. I have other tools that have this same plug so I don't want to change it. My question is, does anyone make an adaptor for this?  If so where can I get one? I checked a few local stores and also Millers website but couldn't find anything!

Thanks,
stang
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 4:56:59 PM EDT by SuperJanitor]
Originally Posted By mustangwon:
Hi, all, I bought a new 220 volt Miller welder and the plug on it is like nothing I have seen before. Its exactly like a 110 plug with the two prongs side by side and the round ground prong below, just much larger. The 220 plug that I have in my shop is the round 3 prong twist type. I have other tools that have this same plug so I don't want to change it. My question is, does anyone make an adaptor for this?  If so where can I get one? I checked a few local stores and also Millers website but couldn't find anything!

Thanks,
stang

The different configurations are so you don't plug a high amperage appliance into a low amperage outlet. Better check the amperage of your welder against the amperage of your receptacle before you go any further.

ETA, Just a little FYI,
I have a 50 amp breaker and 6 ga. wire feeding my welder's receptacle. It is of the kind you described on your welder. If I were you, I'd add another 50 amp circuit just for your welder.
Top Top