Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2014 7:35:31 PM EDT
Leaving tomorrow for my hotel in Suwanee.

Registration is at 0630 Tuesday at the track and we will have cars on course at 0800.

I will be working Start on Tuesday and corners the rest of the week, hopefully Turn 12.  I worked there last year for the first time and it became my favorite turn.

Ain't taking the Cayman because I can't get all the stuff like a canopy, etc in it.

Starting the thread to as a holding place for pictures to come.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
looking forward to the pics
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I won't be there till Wednesday. No Monday test thankfully.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hot damn.  Cars on course at 0800 tomorrow.

All settled in at my hotel in Suwanee and heading out in the AM.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I live a few miles away near Chateau Elan, I can hear them from my house all week.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a tag.  There are many like it, but this tag is mine
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My Tag!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Have fun! I wish that I could make it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
i was there for the stormy weekend in 09, it really is an awesome track
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll crash at your hotel and split the cost!  I want to go...but it is really too far from Greenville to enjoy the race and head home.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm trying my damndest to make it back out to Sebring next year. I don't think I can handle another week of camping in green park though. Hopefully i'll be able to find a decent RV to rent.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm trying my damndest to make it back out to Sebring next year. I don't think I can handle another week of camping in green park though. Hopefully i'll be able to find a decent RV to rent.
View Quote

suck it up, next year will be my 10th year at sebring camping in gen admission
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm jealous. During my short time spent drifting at events the only track I ever got to do was Moroso in West Palm. Never really had the funds to travel but always wanted to visit Road Atlanta.

Laguna Seca was another dream of mine, mostly to see the track that my father used to race on in Formula Ford. Well that one and Willow Springs of course. Well shit... Silverstone too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll crash at your hotel and split the cost!  I want to go...but it is really too far from Greenville to enjoy the race and head home.
View Quote

Come down for race day on Saturday.  Greenville is barely 1.5 hours away.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I go, it will be about my 29th or so.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Today was a paid test day and no Tudor cars were there, just a bunch of support series cars were on track.  The Tudor rigs started showing up about 1600 most likely because they were told not to come before then:

There are 3 positions (jobs) on the start stand and 3 of us so no off time at all but grabbed a few quick shots of the Continental Tire series:

I predict that the Porsche in the foreground in this shot will win the Continental race this weekend.  It's the RumBum 13 car.

I apparently am going to work Turns 2 and 3 tomorrow and then 12 the rest of the week.  Right behind the EVs in these shots is where we set up our canopy last year and flagged Turn 12 from there, but we were told today that there will be no flagging done cross track from the corner station so we won't need the canopy.

I wish I had known that.  I could have gone ahead and picked up the Cayman S and brought it instead of the old truck or I could have brought the new truck.

Dang it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I grew up going to the Run Offs at Road Atlanta.  I hadn't been near it in years until a couple weekends ago on the way back from the UGA game.  I wish I could go up this weekend. Gotta plant greenfields all weekend dammit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I smoked by the track the other night, the lot was stuffed with campers. Won't make it this year but turn 12 is the place to be. While you're there, Myron Nixon has a BBQ joint just around the corner, been meaning to taste the hype.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Have fun Larry!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I smoked by the track the other night, the lot was stuffed with campers. Won't make it this year but turn 12 is the place to be. While you're there, Myron Nixon has a BBQ joint just around the corner, been meaning to taste the hype.
View Quote

Where is it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Larry, I just need to know where the boiled peanut stand is. Been waiting a year for good peanuts!! Hopefully I can get away from the car long enough to fetch some.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Larry, I just need to know where the boiled peanut stand is. Been waiting a year for good peanuts!! Hopefully I can get away from the car long enough to fetch some.
View Quote

I have no idea as I don't usually take any time to go look for these things.

Probably find some on top of the hill behind the pro paddock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, incredibly busy because we were incredibly shorthanded.

Am working on resizing a bunch of pics and will post them later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow, incredibly busy because we were incredibly shorthanded.

Am working on resizing a bunch of pics and will post them later.
View Quote

That poor #911 Porsche kept taking so many hits.

Was a very busy race, especially with all the cautions and crashes... some in the pits
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice , I have not been to Road Atlanta in 6 years .
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice pics!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top